Pimax Crystal update: eye-tracking demonstration

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I hope this time Pimax meet the new timeline.

4 Likes

Thanks not bad. However if there team member Kyle developed the test software it might have been an idea to use black background with hi contrast cursor to more highlight the cursor.

Looking good though for what can be seen.

3 Likes

Notice that still battery is using at time of PC cable ( battery led on), so question is if still is necessary for PC cable use

3 Likes

Any chance Pimax can share details for developers?

I’ve been writing code in the blind (no pun intended) using the undocumented APIs in the PVR SDK (pvr_getEyeTrackingInfo()) on the PC side and would like to have an idea of whether my code will work. Wouldn’t it be great if PimaxXR offered eye tracking for Crystal at launch time for foveated rendering in MSFS, iRacing and ACC and for other OpenXR developers to use on PC?

Right now I am waiting for US beta testers from this forum to get their ands on their headset so we can iterate together on debugging the code.

Cheers!

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxVR @PimaxUSA

11 Likes

There’s a new timeline? :astonished:

1 Like

Seriously, you should of had a headset already by now. Definitely alongside the testers anyway, and for free of course.

6 Likes

Nice to see eye tracking working at last.

How accurate does ET need to be? All the green dots seemed to fall outside of the target circles.

2 Likes

It’s updating the dots at 200hz. Your eyes are all over the place, when using for position averaging is used that equalizes to the selected refresh rate.

4 Likes

Is DFR or foveated transport enabled yet?

5 Likes

How do glasses affect the cameras tracking?

2 Likes

Shouldn’t affect it at all, Tobii do the eye tracking in the PSVR2 and there’s no issue with glasses that I have heard of.

An official answer would be good of course.

2 Likes

Multiversum

1 Like

Yes, in the video the voice said that the non China testers will receive the Crystal mid-march, and the first pre-order units will be send at the beginning of april.

Postage would want to be impressively fast for us to receive them in mid March haha

4 Likes

No no it’s a timeline. Pimax timelines use the “slowmo” button on a Sword controller :grinning:

Tbh the eye tracking code I’m talking about was very quick and simple to write. And fun. I’m mostly excited (and impatient) to see if it’s going to work!

3 Likes

I’m one of the beta testers so can try for you, should have my headset soon.

2 Likes

Oh wow, so they already shipped the testing units, that’s amazing!

Congrats @SmallBaguette, why haven’t you shared your tracking details yet or at least the fact that you received a shipping update?

On top pf that I’m stoked to see the Crystal reaching per-ordering customers’ hands within the next 4 weeks!

1 Like

They haven’t shipped tester’s headsets yet.

2 Likes