Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

Nice dream but unlikely to happen and still would not be much of a bargain with the feature set and use factors as @dstar mentioned.

1 Like

Make up your own mind, read data sheets and understand the small print correctly, go to trade fairs yourself and take the thing into your own hands! Don’t just listen to what other people say. And don’t create your own reality as fact for others, from a few half-finished pieces of information. :joy:

I don’t always succeed also, but for the most part I do.

2 Likes

Also true is that sebastian is a all hyped up guy.I do understand those feelings myself, but i do not think he is objective enough , for me as a youruber, from expiriene with his videos.And yes of course Meinungen können unterschiedlich sein.

3 Likes

I don’t mind comparisons. But, to make comparisons with products that are obviously still in some sort or refinement, with all specs not yet nailed down and accurate and not yet confirmed by some independent reviewers… Well, that just leans way more on the ‘subjective’ spectrum of a review comparison.

Case in point. Sure, the Crystal looks great in multiple aspects. But that’s it right now in my opinion.
There are still untested things with information we do not have access to. Various current statements on some specs that are yet to be trusted, verified.

We’re on a hype-train atm currently for the Crystal.

The train, imo, has not yet reached its destination: Open Wallet-Ville
People who get off at the wrong station will likely be disappointed.

I envy your financial means, but for me a couple of years ago a prosumer VR headset would have cost say 1,5k. That changed a bit to make it approx. 1,5-2k in more recent times.

The Varjo VR-3 was priced clearly in an enterprise range; the kind of super-luxury price ranges as can be seen in certain cars (e.g. Ferrari) watches (e.g. Rolex), etc. are not established in the VR industry yet, and I doubt it would provide the same kind of envy factor these other luxury goods are known to radiate which could potentially open up a consumer market in that price range.

So I don‘t fully get the comparison to the VR-3 for the point I made.

1 Like

MRTV was blown away!? Get your wallets out guys, he’s a very trustworthy source I think and very rarely gets overexcited.

4 Likes

Get you wallets out because all this overexcitement is…coming up.

2 Likes

Say what? So we have to read Pimaxes data sheet and go by what Pimax say? Oh dear oh dear how is that reality working out for you? PMSL

12k announced in 2021 no sign of it two years later. Crystal launched in October 2022 and still not shipped 6 months later despite Pimaxes Ready list and string of broken announcements and shipping dates. Western testers still have nothing after weeks of waiting.

A year where Pimax get another bail out fund because Pimax are in the black and felt like being generous to investors giving part of their company away.

Think I’ll stick to my own reality thanks.

1 Like

Seb from MRTV was only praising the visuals which have also universally been praised by literally everyone else who’ve seen them 1st hand.

3 Likes

This is the most ridiculous thing you have posted. You have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about. You don’t know any of the terms and if equity was even involved.

You post to be as negative as possible, period.

1 Like

What’s the truth then?

Whats the new FoV lenses people are talking about?

1 Like

What’s the stand-alone battery life streaming Halflife Alyx over WiFi?

Why do we need to rely on MRTV when Pimax reps can answer these questions?

You’re not actually interested in any of that. You merely want avenues and subjects to denigrate as much as possible.

3 Likes

there are many other people here, in other forums with questions. which you don’t waste any thoughts on. so please rub up on your clientele, and work them off.

1 Like

Looks like almost 1.5 years once it is March 21 ,2023(Announced making it 4 months late). 2 years would be Oct 21, 2023. Crystal is about 6 months late. Your math on time is on par with pimax’s advertised FoV calculations.

You still have not educated yourself on what Series Funding is despite a link being posted that explains that C series is achieved by successful companies.

2 Likes

Your math is out of whack. And your presumptions/conclusions on a variety of things is often humorous.
:v::smirk::+1:

1 Like

Yeah tick tock tick tock.

I can see how this thread is going so I’m out

2 Likes

Ah so your starting to understand when people are not buying your schlick on embellishments and false conclusions. That shows a sign of growth. Congrats.

3 Likes

Investment funding is a bail out?

5 Likes