Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 1)

Yeah I agree that article is a good one and I’d love for more communication like that.

3 Likes

Ok… A suggested 10%-ish more FOV, then, with the new lens option, so something along the lines of 113°…

I guess that’s to be taken more or less commensurate with a 10% difference in PPD, so let’s say 31.5 - still a fine number.

Now, do we have any impression of how in-focus that extra 5° in each cardinal direction might be?

3 Likes

Voodoode is using an older version of Testhmd. that one of the values is off by +10.

Other testers firstly one of the Chinese Beta Testers have ran @risa2000 Hmdq which pulls the information that the headset driver requests to render. So the Requested Rendered FpV is 103° × 103°. You cannot see more than what is rendered. There is a whole topic on this specific reveal.

3 Likes

Well is it that it requires an actual battery? Or simply more power(amps) than the usb ports can supply?

Iirc MegathanX(sp?) uses the Xr1 with no battery or any Standalone/wireless options. :wink:

Quick google search did not come up with a battery requirement Qualcomm. Sure a battery is required for for full wireless/Standalone use.

Agreed.

Thanks. I didn’t notice the topic. Do you have a link ?

1 Like

Here is the link

Topic links back here to a post by Omniwhatever

1 Like

Very promising !!

1 Like
  1. All lenses should be included
  2. Screws should not be necessary (as they initial advertised strong magnets, is that still a thing?)
  3. They should include their realistic FoV numbers for each lens set.
2 Likes

Haha so funny indeed, thanks for the laugh. Pimax will never learn.

2 Likes

They aren’t, just an optional addition if you want.

2 Likes

Well hard to say on this one. The new lenses might bot be ready and in truth they only advert the 42 ppd and 35 ppd lenses.

But do appreciate the why they should.

This is definitely a slow process. Though at times the p4k days seemed better.

Yeah. Well they DID advert about the FoV of their 35PPD lenses.
If their new lenses can ‘actually’ achieve those numbers, then they should just throw them in. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agree. We shouldn’t need independent reviewers to get clear, concise and accurate information from headset makers.

I do appreciate their ‘subjective’ take on things. Though, it’s the responsibility of the company making the device to provide accurate information, like specs, price, functionality, AMOUNT OF BATTERIES, et cetera for their product.

I mean, if it were prior to any ‘launch’, and if it was clear things were in constant development and no money were being taken etc… Then I guess yeah, things will change.
As long as communication is clear on that stuff.

1 Like

They did quite a bit of ‘announcing’ today. The Crystal will come with two batteries.
Eye tracking is working but needs to be more precise. Sebastian did quite a good interview with Pimax’s CEO today. Very Informative, and I think more wisely handled by Pimax than has been the case sometimes.

The Crystal was planned to release with two batteries well before it was erroneously stated there would be only 1 battery, and then corrected it was two batteries.
So, unless they stated again somewhere that it is again one battery, the confirmation of two batteries from the video is nothing new.

1 Like

@Butters007 and yet you mentioned as an issue in an all caps sentence.
Seems like it’s a pretty big deal to you.
I remain quite happy to have seen Pimax being open and forthright in the interview.

1 Like

Link me the ‘all caps’ sentence you mention seeing. afaik I’ve not done a sentence in all caps regarding the issue.

Regarding the video, yeah, I’m happy they had this. Long time overdue imo.

1 Like

Believe he means this post.

ahhh ok… yeah.

Well then yeah, it is quite important to be clear about things I think.

1 Like