Pimax Crystal - status, updates and fixes (Part 2)

What’s happening with the HUB?No one has even seen a single unit yet.

1 Like

What lenses do you now get in the Crystal package? What’s happening to the rumoured wide FOV lenses?

1 Like

When will Pimax start shipping complete Crystal packages with HUB, cable and lenses together?

Hello,

We have successfully delivered a batch of glass lenses and HUB to our users. We are diligently scheduling replacement shipments as needed, and we have also allocated additional batches to our Shanghai headquarters. Furthermore, we are intensifying our production efforts to meet the demand and prevent any future occurrences of similar incidents. Please stay tuned for the reviews from our users following their receipt of the glass lenses and HUB.

the Crystal package will include glass lenses. We will be making an announcement shortly regarding the “rumoured” large FOV lenses. Stay tuned for more information on this exciting update.

We are currently ramping up the production to meet the demand and ensure that all upcoming Crystal shipments are equipped with these default accessories.

5 Likes

Do you have a picture of the HUB as I’ve never seen one posted on the web yet.

Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

Looks like PimaxQuorra likes you a lot more than me. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Lol :sweat_smile:
I strive to provide equal treatment and fairness to all users. However, to ensure accurate and reliable information, I do need some time to double-confirm details with the developers, production teams, and project manager. This may result in a slight delay in responding to your comments.

It is necessary for me to have these pieces of information verified and approved before sharing them.

I’m sorry, mate!

5 Likes

Boosted Media, who do a lot of sim racing gear reviews, have reviewed the Crystal too. I didn‘t have time to watch the entire clip, jumped to the conclusions right away: bottom line seems to be that the headset shows great promise but the user experience, but need to fiddle around & fix various issues was pretty frustrating to them, so they at current would not recommend it to the average sim racer who isn‘t a hardcore VR enthusiast (who likes to spend hours getting it up & running).

Good news is that the majority of features which cannot be changed are good to great, and those which aren’t that good could potentially be updated via firmware updates. But my 8KX tells me a tale of what to expect: some updates will come and improve things, some missing features will be activated, but God knows when & which ones. And owning a Pimax headset which is plug & play is and likely will remain a mere wet dream.

So for tinkerers a good alternative, for those not happy to spend time on that part of the VR experience, not so much.

7 Likes

Nice video. But you should have seen it. I see his problem with the plug being too tight as an advantage (it can’t accidentally fall out) The lousy initialization is probably due to the graphics card, which can’t decide whether the numerous monitors or the HMD are relevant, and the jitter on the 3090ti /40xx also occurs on other HMDs. The topic has been haunting the FS2020 forum and others for months. Remedy here too, either make the screen small or lower the resolution for the flat.
The problem could be due to the graphics-internal transfer of the HMD image to the screen. The hardware has to nibble well with the supersampling.

I also imagine the topic with the batteries to be frustrating, but the tip that has already been given in various groups/threads/videos to first open one side and then the opposite seems to work.

6 Likes

I have this distinct feeling the wide FOV lenses will be plastic lol

Well here’s the Power Hub!

https://twitter.com/pimaxofficial/status/1668944741696675840?s=20

1 Like

Bradley on the plethora of issues he’s experiencing with the Crystal:

I like his final thought “I know people think that I’m out to get Pimax, but really, you can’t release products like this every single time and expect people to respect your company, it’s not how that works. You might be a person who’s ok with waiting months and months for all the promised features to maybe come to your headset, but the vast majority of people, just don’t want that

Spot on! People here hate on Bradley but it’s really Pimax’s own fault for, time after time, completely messing up their releases with half baked products.

6 Likes

Has anyone tried seeing if the OpenVR Space Calibrator method works (to pair up the valve index controllers) with the Pimax Crystal

(just thought it be temporaly solution for the time being till the faceplate comes out)

1 Like

Beta Testers have reported that method is not working. @Omniwhatever @SmallBaguette @CheezusCrisp

Can likely expand on this

2 Likes

Ahhh thats a bummer. If only there was some work around to get it to work.

Also another thing i was wondering about is the SlimeVR full body Trackers if they manage to work through the Pimax Play or not.

3 Likes

Well I could see this coming a Mike off. Pimax extend the pre order free DMAS offer.

It’s probably an offer that never ends but when is a pre order a pre order?

New orders now come with glass lenses and the HUB.

2 Likes

I am confused - what happened to wireless? Are they resorting to not even mentioning any longer that it was part of the specs until now?

3 Likes

got it,100h 96v fov boy it feels small even smaller than potato on the 8kx but the glass lenses have no distortion and minimal ca,very sharp image finally no SDE even if you try to look for it,huge sweet spot too,great colors.

the tracking is just unusable for me,my hands just glitch specially grabbing mags in alyx,and the controllers give up randomly and the whole headset needs a restart,bring on the LH faceplate ASAP

6 Likes

They announced OTA updates, I guess this means wireless.

1 Like