Pimax and Marketing Strategy 101

The only darker than black acceptable

Let’s for once try to keep this topic valuable for Pimax. We all want it: hi-def wide fov to become mainstream.

4 Likes

We should maybe try to avoid words like “chinglish”. But agreed better slogans in non native languages would be better for the image of the company.

So with that being said. While true the headsets can speak for themselves. But maybe the community could help with creating cleaner slogans.

@yao @matthew.xu

6 Likes

The Pimax website is visually quite good now though.

3 Likes

Ok see how hard that was to not take a snipe at that asian-english marketing slogan :rofl: (no disrespect there but that does give the company an unprofessional feel, even for me, an asian grew up in western world)

In my opinion this company needs a native english speaker professional on the marketing team to stop those trivial basic mistakes, sure if chinese are they primary audience then who cares about that, but that’s like alarm bell going off loud in western world and instant linked with shady dodgy businesses image.

Otherwise i think pimax makes acceptable products for westerners as audience.

4 Likes

Then all products are tacky. Slogans if used effevtively peak interest. But need clarity in doing so.

2 Likes

But best in what? It could be said too vague. But likely meant to be vague as it allows the consumer to pick.

1 Like

For MB can’t really say it’s vague, everyone knows what Mercedes Benz is and what they’re up to. That’s earned status. They’re best in “automobiles”

2 Likes

Agreed with @TrevorVR. It’s not about dissent but about utilizing constructive criticism in an organized medium.

Your thoughts & concerns are quite valid & @generic’s topic fits.

2 Likes

Ah but see that is the beauty of things. Pimax is in a position with a strong community. We just need both sides to come together in Harmory.

We often see the problems when words do not translate well in our own native tongues.

For example

• Pepsi once thought they translated their slogan “Pepsi Brings you back to Life” I don’t recall if it was Chinese or Japanese. But the result translated to “Pepsi brings your ancestors back from the grave”
  • Coca Cola thought they created a good International billboard. 1st Pic Man is Sad. 2nd Pic Man Drinks Coke. 3rd Pic Man is happy. In order Left to Right. Sounds good right? Well Arabic reads Right to Left. Who wants a drink that makes happy people sad?

Pimax needs to utilize this community better & we in turn maybe need to try to deliver our critiques better as well.

6 Likes

But are they better as in best vs other hi end automakers? Or do they simply mean better than the big three’s best? (Dodge, GM, Ford)

2 Likes

Thats a good goal let’s aim for that.

I was just about to edit that best as a best alone or the best as a better part of the makers.

About the threesome you named, we can dispute :smirk:
RAM 3500 owner here.

1 Like

“When only wide will SATISFY, PiMax”:rofl:

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware Chinglish was a bad word. I think I actually got it from a native Chinese guy at work one time because it’s a very common thing so it got a word

2 Likes

Well it might not be tbh. Just sometimes better to err on side of caution. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Well I could tell you more about that MB thing 
 at least they would like to be best - currently that’s most likely only the unbeaten high price ;-).

None the less they should just have Kevin prof - read the slogans - takes a few minutes but has a great impact.

3 Likes

Something like:

Pimax
Enthusiast Grade VR Hardware

• The widest FOV in the consumer market, by a large margin - 160-170 degrees.

• The highest resolution in the consumer market, by a large margin - 8k native RGB.

• Advanced enthusiast software - tweakers paradise. Configure the perfect experience for you. Fixed Foveated Rendering; Dynamic Foveated Rendering; Multiple Refresh Rates; Brainwarp. Others. More added all the time.

• Open Source - unleash the power of the community, or get involved yourself. Be at the cutting edge of this exciting new medium.

5 Likes

They should make the 5K+ as the entry level into wide FOV and sell it as cheap as possible, that would get more people wanting the 8K+,8KX

3 Likes

@Possyguset I disagree. What is stopping the 5K+ from being mainstream is not just price.

Don’t get me wrong I think the 5K+ is a great headset. I tried it myself even though my loaner unit came with defects. Pimax needs to fix their Quality Assurance and Quality Control before sending out lots of headsets. It’ll only lead to worse reputation and RMAs. Once they sort those issues then we can talk about price.

Pimax Day 2 will help a lot in regards to the ‘full functionality’ of the 5K+. Hopefully Pimax can strike a deal with Valve since Pimax also uses Lighthouse tracking for it’s headsets. The addition of the strap will also make it more attractive so I can’t wait to test out the new strap.

I suspect the 5K+ will remain low-end Enthusiast and the 8K+ and beyond will remain Enthusiast products until at least the end of 2020. If Pimax does sort out their hardware issues and improves software then lowering price by then will help.

2 Likes

@Fitzy
Pimax

Enthusiast Grade VR Hardware

• The widest FOV in the consumer market, 160° Horizontal FOV, 170° Diagonal FOV.

• The highest resolution in the consumer market over 3x any other consumer headset - Dual 4K native RGB.
    MATH (Pimax: 3840 x 2160 x 2 = 16588800) Ă· (Index: 1440 x 1600 x 2 = 4608000) = 3.6

• Advanced enthusiast software - Tinkerers paradise. Customize your perfect experience. Fixed Foveated Rendering; Dynamic Foveated Rendering; Custom Refresh Rates; Brainwarp. Others. More added all the time.

• Open Source - Work with our helpful community to unleash the full potential of Virtual Reality. Be at the cutting edge of this exciting new medium.

3 Likes