Pimax 8KX temporary Audio Hack (works for me) w/pics

big Win updates are the largest beta test in the world… :rofl:

2 Likes

Not yet available on my german version of win10. thank god…

2 Likes

I’m using Window 10 Home Version 1909.

1 Like

Ok, i would try rolling back via the windows update screen its pretty easy. See if it takes you back to 1903. I didnt have as many problems with 1909 but it did cause a few usb devices not to function so I cant verify that the audio driver problems didnt also occur in 1909.

How to Roll Back the Windows 10 Creators Update to a Prior Version

1. To get started, click Start and then Settings.
  2. Click on Update & security.
  3. In the sidebar, choose Recovery.
  4. Click the Get Started link under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.

Id consider my pimax audio unusable at the level that it defaulted to on the new update so its worth trying…

1 Like

The thing is they released to insiders around christmas so its been out in the wild for over 6 months.

The other thing that happens in 2004 is that windows professional stops allowing you to delay updates for 365 days and changes to 30+ days like the home build. So i really hope they make it optional and dont force it until they have resolved all the outstanding issues…

2 Likes

Hi Honeybadger2000 and thank you for your suggestions with this issue I’m unfortunately in a difficult position some others might not be and can benefit from your very good suggestion.

I will not bore you with the reasons why i can’t personally use your suggestion but it involves to many factors, and anything better than my hack like the kdmas that i expect to receive since i did not exchange my backer reward for either the 8k or the 8kX. I will be happy to add those to my HMD’s once received I’m really expecting not until early or late autumn maybe winter or next year. I’m happy with my solution despite the disclaimer i posted earlier today.

1 Like

At this stage I am not considering the DMAS speakers because I am using these Sony earbud speakers and I am very impressed with the quality of the sound considering my not so great hearing .

3 Likes

How do they connect to the HMD?

1 Like

They are Bluetooth headphones

1 Like

They don’t. They are wireless (probably Bluetooth). I’m currently using an entirely different wireless headset with my 8K. One less set of wires is good (of course, so is plugging earphones into your HMD), but I already had these.

2 Likes

Nice Fomatter! this would be far better than the wired ear buds i used before that were a struggle to use because of the wires getting tangled and twisted.

3 Likes

Yeah I did a lot of research looking for earbud headphones with good base and good battery life. I am very impressed with sound quality .

3 Likes

I would avoid longer usage of wireless devices close to your body.

2 Likes

Interesting article thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Great! :roll_eyes: I only use mine for 8+ hours a day.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

4 Likes

Bluetooth wasn’t working well for me in VR. I fired rifles in Fallout 4 to test it out and the lag was unfortunately unacceptable. Bummer.

3 Likes

Yeah, what Bluetooth protocol do those earbuds use?

I have tried many Bluetooth headsets so far including Moebius Audeze and unfortunately they all lagged too much.

2 Likes

They use Bluetooth 5.0 + I had to purchase a USB Bluetooth 5.0 adapter because my onboard Bluetooth kept disconnecting.

3 Likes

Yesterday I got my Aliexpress parcel with phones which costed 21$, I bought it for my Quest coz I don’t like to adjust earphones every time & wanted something static, I couldn’t believe how good they sounded especially considering the price tag, basses, spatial sound, highs, really good clean sound.

I immediately ordered another 3 pairs for my other headsets.

If you don’t mind to spend 21$ just try it, if you don’t like it (which I doubt) you can trash it.

if you have no dual jacks better to select Rift S or PSVR adapters as seems they have audio jack splitter

4 Likes

I’ve been eyeing those for a very long time now… :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting that… :wink:

EDIT: Here’s a en/US link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000773600584.html

EDIT2: Ordered a set (for the Quest)… :slight_smile:

2 Likes