PIMAX 8K - Firmware update process stuck - SOLVED

That’s exactly what happened to me, when connecting and recognizing them, pitool started a firmware update process that after half an hour and after the loading bar was completed, the lights kept flashing in sequence: green, blue, red and not I have been able to get them out of that state… Did it happen to someone else?

@Pimax-Support @deletedpimaxrep1 @Matthew.Xu @Sean.Huang @PimaxVR

[ Updated by Neal - Click this, for more info and a link to the flash utility: https://community.openmr.ai/t/sjefdeklerks-pimax-flasher-4k-5k-8k/10231?u=neal_white_iii

4 Likes

Ouch added extra pokes. Which headset did you receive?

8K version,
With the 4K there were many ways to fix it, but with these it still seems that there is no application to update them separately, this is locked in the “DFU” mode…

Okay with the 8k will need @Sean.Huang or @Pimax-Support

1 Like

Is the 8K version, but what I want to say is that it’s like when the Pimax 4K is in “DFU” mode, if the firmware update failed, these were no longer seen by the Piplay, and had to be updated manually with an application.

That state with the broken firmware is what I have now with the 8k version.

1 Like

Okay corrected my post & added pokes to pimax.

2 Likes

Title updated π8k :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you a lot ;):+1:

1 Like

Your welcome hope they get you fixed up soon

1 Like

SOLVED…
thanks to the old but reliable flash tool of @Sjef and a firmware in the pitool folder ( p2.dfu ) I have managed to bring them back to life again :upside_down: :grin:

8 Likes

Hey, my flasher works on the 8k too? Nice :slight_smile:

13 Likes

yes, it works perfectly, it was the only application that could “see” it after getting stuck … Pimax should hire you for the support team :+1::+1::wink:

8 Likes

Awesome & yet some just don’t understand & accept @Sjef viewpoints vare often different. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

Just takes time to see it for some.

1 Like

Mate… I’m sure your flasher works everywhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Flasher - I heard abou this legendary backdoor app , with time I deduced that becouse of it @Sjef always knew more about 8k development than casual peasant like me :wink:

1 Like