[Pictures]The PiMax products are ready to send 19th Mar 2019

Ok, sorry 20 characters

ā€œMy 5K+ has arrived, listed as 120GBPā€
I wonder if Pimax stating the value of headsets at Ā£120 has caused us UK backers problems with customs, why we havenā€™t received them yet?
Not my 5k by the way lol

5 Likes

@anon74848233 Do you have any more detailed internal tracking to where that shipment is? Is it just still in transit somewhere, is it awaiting UK customs clearance, or is it sitting in the UK warehouse but not getting processed for some reason?

The issue is it looks from the backer numbers as if the shipments from China to Europe are getting passed on to the relevant countries but just not the UK ones. I personally donā€™t mind the wait, but we just want confirmation that Pimax has checked that nothing has gone wrong somewhere (and if it has you are working to resolve it).

Logistics/shipping companies do occasionally make mistakes: shipments get misrouted, damaged or just plain lost, important emails get missed etc (I once had a package enter a distribution centre and not make it out for 3 months and when it did it was in a bag in several pieces!)

5 Likes

This is what I think is going on based on the bits of information we haveā€¦

The European packages go to the UK warehouse and passed on to DPD stoke depot(where I live)
Then taken to wherever in Europe.
If Pimax will tell me where the warehouse is, I will try find answers myself

2 Likes

Weā€™re making good progess, thanks and congratulations and are 75-80% into the movie. About 2 weeks of production capacity during regular periods of the year would be my guess in order to roll credits.

@anon74848233 Maybe it would help sending a kickstarter update to reach the 700 backers with missing details.

3 Likes

I was about to stop doing these graphs but is it still wanted by you guys? I like to see a line instead of numbers so I was basically doing this for myself but Iā€™m tired of waiting and I might just log out and wait until I get my headset sometime next month

26 Likes

That sounds silly. All they need to do is receive the unit from you and see for themselves.

3 Likes

The graphs are great. But why torture yourself, enjoy your time instead. Thereā€™ll be a pause in reported numbers soon anyway.

4 Likes

Much appreciated, but since all backersā€™ headset have been produced -or will be by the end of the month- I think it has done its purpose.

Now, if only we could see live shipped batches positions on a map, that would be helpful ā€¦

4 Likes

Yes, I love your graph. I was waiting for you to update it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Got my tracking number today, it says itā€™s supposed to be delivered this afternoon. Crossing my fingers for a fully working unit (no dead pixels, no black dots).

5K+ (switched from 8K) Backer # 24XX in the US.

4 Likes

How many of those are 8K?

1 Like

Maybe instead of doing the graph you can do a gps map of where the hmds in transit to the overseas warehouse are.

Wonder if pimax understands what drop ship means. They should look into it

I"m wondering.

When the backer of the 8k headset changes to the 5kbe headset, whether to pay the extra fee.

Ps. please update the spreadsheet.

Glad to see US backers finally getting their headsets, enjoy :call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

The answer to this will be yes - the 5kbe is more expensive so youā€™ll have to pay the difference.

1 Like

A bunch have tbh. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Hopefully more :uk: backers start to receive.

4 Likes

UK 29XX 8K backer here, keeping my eyes peeled but nothing so far! Last spreadsheet said my headset was ā€œbuiltā€ I believe.

Then it was Being built.
:unamused: