Original SMAS Quality Topic

I don’t think there is much point in postiing the history. KS Backers know what was asked. No need to search for the quotes. Don’t you think?

1 Like

You would think so, but some seem to deny things & need reminding

3 Likes

So not only being misleading, but an outright bait-and-switch, check.

4 Likes

Whatever happened to Sweviver? I know he is working on experience software but he has been silent .

I upgraded in November so whenever my Pimax arrives this year, I plan to mod mine with the Vive DAS speakers that are on my 5K+. It’s unfortunate that I feel compelled to mod a supposed top of the line VR headset, but its because Pimax chose to stick the terrible audio on it. Yes I know the deluxe audio is coming and I selected it, but god knows when that’ll arrive. It’s already been 8 months delay on the headset and I’m just not holding my breath for the DMAS speakers regardless what they say.

1 Like

To be honest, the Vive speakers are acoustically dangerous waste.

BTW, you are a backer, for you is the KDMAS.

1 Like

While the Vive DAS isn’t exactly premium audio, I’m betting that it’s still beyond comparable to the crappy SMAS.

2 Likes

the SMAS never intended to be a final solution
it is for users who want to use their own audio solution with a replaceable rudimentary function.

It was originally what we backers were going to receive and as the quoted post said. There really good only Index on a headset is better than SMAS.

If they really wanted a MAS for folks with their own audio. They could sell a MAS for $20 less with Place holders without speakers.

3 Likes

That makes no sense at all since firstly the strap was always supposed to have headphones since the Kickstarter.
Secondly it literally IS the final solution
& thirdly if you want to use your own, you just temove the headphones like on other hmd’s

4 Likes

The final is the DMAS I mean

The way I see it, that is a paid premium upgrade that was requested by several members of the community

3 Likes

Another theory.
It is entirely possible that pimax have in a way sabotaged the standard audio solution to make a paid upgrade the only sensible option.
If that is the case then that would be a silly greedy move which will get them hate.

I’m not saying this is the case but the SMAS is getting some pretty poor reviews so logic would say it’s either an accidental complete miss or a tactical move

probably to finance the free KDMAS for the bakers … yes, I also see the common thread. :joy:

1 Like

Am i the only one who thinks the smas is far from useless and crappy?

First thing you have to do is to turn on bass boost and loudness in the property page of the usb-audio device. I play all games with the smas.

8 Likes

I actually haven’t tried it as I’m waiting for my 8kx upgrade.
I’m just going by the reviews which tend to all agree on that one aspect.

Any advice to improve it will be welcome by all I’m sure

1 Like

You know, there is a lot of discussion here about eggs that are not laid xD

1 Like

And there are a lot of people currently eating those eggs & are describing the same taste

2 Likes

there are always personal opinions. I personally find all HMD speakers horrible so far.

2 Likes

At first i was also disappointed. sound was very thin, worse than my quest. Then i played around with the options and now it sounds much better than my quest. Don´t say that it is like index or even the DAS or VivePro. But its usable and i like the ease of use.

9 Likes