Official Pimax Now QUESTIONS ONLY Thread (Event on June 29th)

When will the backers receive the MAS?

9 Likes

I have only 1 Q - what is current progress of this 2 kickstarter promises ??

10 Likes

When can I get my modular audio strap?
When can I get my cooling fans?
When is the wireless module coming out?
What can I order with the 100$ downgrade discount?
Are you refunding import fees?
What about the brainwarp 2.0?
What is going on with the stretch goals we unlocked 2 years and a half ago?

9 Likes

How and when is PIMAX going to improve customer service?

5 Likes

Is it possible to fix the pitool 254a memory leak for simulator users ?

There is a thread about health in VR:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/can-vr-be-unhealthy/28536?u=lars1c

Can eyetracking reduce health risks for the eyes? Like double vision because the IPD was not correct in the VR.
In this respect, the question would be whether eye tracking can correct not only the IPD (horizontal distance between the eyes). But also a height difference of the eyes (vertical deviation from the horizontal position of the HMD).
This is because the user may have the HMD at a small angle. This could be the cause of headaches.

2 Likes

How will you guys deal with sending base stations to countries that valve does not licence to sell to,I understand yourll said the controllers we can wait for the sense ones that pimax is working on,but arent the base stations from valve also?So what will happen in this case?

1 Like

Base stations, controllers, stretch goals.

How old are these questions now?

3 Likes

I would like to know what, if anything, they have changed and improved with the cables (not including power over USB).

Personally, I have had a terrible experience with Pimax cables. I’m on my 7th or 8th one. I do play 99% roomscale, not seated, so I move around a lot, but I have taken great care of them with one exception that I stepped on and ‘folded’.

3 Likes
  1. What is the status of the return of the loaners:
    a) Will we get any notice from Pimax when it has been received by them ?
    b) Or when they are still missing it ?
    c) Do we need to issue a ticket to get such status (successful/unsuccessful return) ?
    d) Will the delivery of the 8KX to backers who had a loaner & were to return it depend on the receipt of such loaner unit ?
    e) If yes, receipt at the Amazon warehouse to which we were to send such loaner units or Shanghai offices of Pimax ?
    f) If the latter, which type of shipping is being used for the shipment to Shanghai and how many days/weeks/months is it expected to take ?

2. When does Pimax commit will the last of the original 400 8KX backers receive his 8KX (assuming you don’t consider those whose loaner unit is not returned while being due or who said they will wait for other deliverables, e.g. controllers, to get all in one shipment) ?

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’ve seen it posted, but how is Open Source coming along?

Also, glad to see some questions on BW 2.0.

Otherwise I’d love to hear when I can expect the Kickstarter rewards to finally be complete.

6 Likes

I would like to know what are the plans around OLED technology and if there will be 5K XR line evolution.

3 Likes

During the Pimax Now event, please make an announcement about the status of the Backer Upgrade Program to the 8KX. I’m still on the fence about upgrading to the 8KX from my Kickstarter 5K+ and I don’t want to have the program discontinued with no announcement given. It’s a complex decision due to the money, the abandoning of Kickstarter perks, and the unknown 8KX final product. Thanks.

Will we be able to pre-order the MAS? I’m still not clear on the difference between the standard and deluxe versions It would be nice for someone to talk about them.

Question:
If new options arise @ PimaxNow event, can they be sent out with the upgrade orders without delaying said original upgrade order ?

2 Likes

Backers who have added money to their pledge to have the handtracking module, what is their status? Do they have to order through Pimax store this module? ETA?

2 Likes

What will the aftermarket warranty and service be for the newer Pimax HMD’s and will we be seeing dedicated service centres in Europe and the US any time soon to expedite RMA’s?

4 Likes

I remember an interview with Kevin where it was said that ALL bad housings, even a year down the line, would be fixed no problem and that there are extra housings in the USA support center to have a bad housing replaced right in the US.
Interview is located here: Kevin Henderson, Pimax US, on Pimax Quality & Support at VRTO Meetup (House of VR) - YouTube

I had an RMA’ed 5k+ (from last January that i got)… Put into a box when my valve index came in last year in august, and 2 weeks ago i took out the pimax to start using it again, and the entire housing is splintering/cracking along the seam, while it was just sitting in a box in my room for 9 months.

Pimax told me that the warranty period is over and that i would have to purchase a housing for $100 and fix it myself (they dont even do it themselves, even if i offered to send it all the way back to china). She told me to take a free silicone sleeve (their answer to any housing defect now it seems).

It’s very discouraging to speak to pimax support and basically to be told to buy another headset or try and use it with the silicone sleeve and having to tape the edges together maybe so it doesn’t fall apart 1 year after getting it.

By the way, I use it for sim-racing only. I sit in a chair that doesn’t move in any way. The headset didn’t drop or break from misuse. The cracks are small fractures and chips all along the seam and the corners. It’s obvious that the plastic is brittle and shouldn’t have been used. Spending this much money for a product that will start falling apart 1 year later is upsetting, especially when one rep tells us they’ll be replaced last year (no matter when it breaks, as long as it’s clear that it wasn’t broken due to misuse of the headset), and then being told now that i should take the free sleeve and use that and maybe it’ll keep the housing together (since maybe it’ll fall apart completely later on, from the sound of it).

So to get to my question: What is your stance on faulty housings now that 1 year has passed for many of us and who still have a faulty housing that is cracking/fracturing?

Also, 2nd question is about the 8K X, these batches that they’re producing/packaging currently. What does this mean in terms of when Kickstarter backers will receive theres, when pre-orders will ship out, etc… Can we get an exact date for when ALL current kickstarter backers and pre-orders will have their packages shipped out by, if we can’t get actual shipment figures?

What date will ALL shipments of the 8K X Be mailed out? (KS Backers and All Pre-orders)

Lastly, why was a USB-C port omitted off the new 8K X, while both top/bottom USB-C ports are available on the 8K+… Will that cause an issue trying to use both Eye and Hand Tracking modules on the 8k X Model?

14 Likes

as @eight.one already asked, when will the backers receive the MAS? Is it possible for backers to upgrade to the DAS instead? How much will it cost? Can we use the 100$ coupon for this?

2 Likes