Official Pimax Now QUESTIONS ONLY Thread (Event on June 29th)

A post was split to a new topic: Ticket History Help

Any word on the development of the controllers.

3 Likes

I would like to know about the deluxe audio solution please.

7 Likes

Can we combine coupon’s into one coupon. i.e $100+$50 = one $150 coupon.

1 Like

Is the Bluetooth radio in the X the same as in the 8K-5K+ or has it been improved / upgraded?

4 Likes

62 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion posts split out of Pimax now questions thread

1. When will base stations be sent to the last backers? I’m still waiting, thanks.
  2. Will eye tracking finally help most games to have better relolution or fps? Any game bechmark to show it?
  3. Gpu Catalyst explanation and how to use it.
  4. How many 8kx are ready and how many can Pimax make in July?
  5. When will backers receive the rest of kickstart goals?
  6. Will Pimax learn from misleading with information that a product is going to finish in one month and then delay it for months and months? Your customers are the best marketing and sometimes it isn’t really easy to recommend you to others.
  7. Will deluxe audio cause more delays for 8kx?
7 Likes
  1. Artisan FOV seems inconsistent between ‘black’ and ‘blue’ models. My own unit is reporting 131 hFOV via hmdq. Is the inconsistency just early firmware/software problems, or an actual hardware difference? Will hFOV reach the advertised 140 degrees?
  2. PiTool 260 seems to have a problem where it cannot utilize 100% GPU and this causes a decrease in FPS. Is this a known issue? Will Pimax will improve in future?
  3. I am very interested in an ‘official’ rigid head strap. I am not a kickstarter backer. Do we know when head straps will be available to order?

Chinese translation. I hope I am not being rude. :slight_smile:
中文翻译。我希望我不粗鲁。

1. “黑色”和“蓝色”模型之间的工匠视场似乎不一致。我自己的部门正在通过hmdq报告131 hFOV。不一致只是早期的固件/软件问题,还是实际的硬件差异? hFOV会达到广告的140度吗?
  2. PiTool 260似乎存在无法使用100%GPU的问题,这会导致FPS降低。这是一个已知的问题? Pimax将来会改善吗?
  3. 我对“官方的”刚性头带非常感兴趣。我不是kickstarter的支持者。我们知道何时可以订购头带吗?
2 Likes

Only one question:
Have you abandoned the project to put your source code in open source or it is still relevant ?

15 Likes

Did you abandon NEW PIMAX LIVE SUPPORT CHAT ACCESS?

Do you think that Pimax support suffers from a language barrier?
Do you think that Pimax customer support is adequate?

Do you claim you have honored your commitments to your Kickstarter 2017 backers?
Do you believe you have honored your commitments to your 2018 and 2019 pre-order customers?

What would you say to somebody who is determined to never order another Pimax product?

1 Like

When will the backers receive the MAS?

9 Likes

I have only 1 Q - what is current progress of this 2 kickstarter promises ??

10 Likes

When can I get my modular audio strap?
When can I get my cooling fans?
When is the wireless module coming out?
What can I order with the 100$ downgrade discount?
Are you refunding import fees?
What about the brainwarp 2.0?
What is going on with the stretch goals we unlocked 2 years and a half ago?

9 Likes

How and when is PIMAX going to improve customer service?

5 Likes

Is it possible to fix the pitool 254a memory leak for simulator users ?

There is a thread about health in VR:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/can-vr-be-unhealthy/28536?u=lars1c

Can eyetracking reduce health risks for the eyes? Like double vision because the IPD was not correct in the VR.
In this respect, the question would be whether eye tracking can correct not only the IPD (horizontal distance between the eyes). But also a height difference of the eyes (vertical deviation from the horizontal position of the HMD).
This is because the user may have the HMD at a small angle. This could be the cause of headaches.

2 Likes

How will you guys deal with sending base stations to countries that valve does not licence to sell to,I understand yourll said the controllers we can wait for the sense ones that pimax is working on,but arent the base stations from valve also?So what will happen in this case?

1 Like

Base stations, controllers, stretch goals.

How old are these questions now?

3 Likes

I would like to know what, if anything, they have changed and improved with the cables (not including power over USB).

Personally, I have had a terrible experience with Pimax cables. I’m on my 7th or 8th one. I do play 99% roomscale, not seated, so I move around a lot, but I have taken great care of them with one exception that I stepped on and ‘folded’.

3 Likes
  1. What is the status of the return of the loaners:
    a) Will we get any notice from Pimax when it has been received by them ?
    b) Or when they are still missing it ?
    c) Do we need to issue a ticket to get such status (successful/unsuccessful return) ?
    d) Will the delivery of the 8KX to backers who had a loaner & were to return it depend on the receipt of such loaner unit ?
    e) If yes, receipt at the Amazon warehouse to which we were to send such loaner units or Shanghai offices of Pimax ?
    f) If the latter, which type of shipping is being used for the shipment to Shanghai and how many days/weeks/months is it expected to take ?

2. When does Pimax commit will the last of the original 400 8KX backers receive his 8KX (assuming you don’t consider those whose loaner unit is not returned while being due or who said they will wait for other deliverables, e.g. controllers, to get all in one shipment) ?

3 Likes