Off topic: What happened to Sweviver?

Well, if you watch the video you will notice that he is struggling. He is aware that the community in general, and his patrons in particular are of course eager to hear from him, and he wants to start the engine again and return to his channel. Bt when you compare it to his usual appearance it is clear that he is not feeling quite well just yet.

I think it is very good that he let the people know that he is generally fine in the sense of surviving, but at the same time did not put up a happy face just for the show. This should help people understand that he just will need more time, and may not come back with the same intensity he afforded before. Shit happens in life, and he seems to have had his fair share of it in recent times.

Fingers crossed that he can sort it out and draw the right conclusions if he caused (some of) it himself…

9 Likes

Martin (SweViver) has suffered some real-life issues. He is physically OK, but he’s been with his family and hasn’t used VR in nearly a month. He has a 5K BE with the OLED panels and says he will making videos about it soon. His Patreons have suggested that he take it easy and not to feel pressured to produce content, until he’s recovered.

14 Likes

Not only that, but @SweViver mentioned that some of his patreons have (understandably) quit backing him.

Now that I understand the situation, I decided to increase my monthly donation, to help make up for the loss. I hope that he will get some new supporters, so that his videos can continue.

19 Likes

Cool, I just became a patreon too to help out

11 Likes

I just singed up too . I hope all is well Sweviver . Look after yourself .

10 Likes

If anyone’s interested: https://www.patreon.com/sweviver

Btw I read somewhere that XTAL recently announced they’re NOT making a consumer version anymore…no?

10 Likes

Where is the “unlike” tab :sob:

1 Like

Thanks for posting the link. Never thought I would become a YouTube patreon. But as an x plane fanatic I’ve got a lot of help from @SweViver on how to get the most out of this game in vr. After his new year vid asking for ideas I was really looking forward to what he was working on. $500 a month doesn’t seem like enough for the research time he puts in. Really hope he comes through whatever personal issues he’s dealing with. A great vr ambassador.

9 Likes

Hi where did you read about Xtal cancelling the consumer version? I was very excited when Sweviver mentioned the project.

2 Likes

I can confirm it is NOT cancelled. Not at all. Martin, Thomas and me will travel to Prague soon for this project.

14 Likes

I think he did read here:

but the conclusion in the title that there will be no consumer version is totally misinterpreted.

5 Likes

Thank you I’m pleased it’s still on as sounded very promising. I’m also very happy Sweviver is posting again!!!

3 Likes

Just signed up on https://www.patreon.com/sweviver/ too. Should have done it long ago…

10 Likes

wow wha the hell is this clickbait BS??? i also read from here that it’s canceled…https://www.reddit.com/r/vive_vr/comments/ao4oyr/vrgineers_confirms_that_it_is_not_creating_a/

xtal should sue lol

2 Likes

Assuming that XTAL has the money for a lawyer right now :joy: They would be out of business before they saw any returns.

3 Likes

Hey guys and thank you for all kind words, I really appreciate it :heart: I just made a post in the other thread about my status, if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/swevivers-status/16145/10?u=sweviver

39 Likes

Hi Martin. Really fantastic to see you back. I look forward to your input and thoughts. :beers::clap:

6 Likes

Hi @SweViver, Glad to see that you are coming back.:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I missed you in our community. Great to see you back. Looking forward to collaborate with you.

5 Likes

Thank you guys, Im so happy to be here again, such a lovely community we have! :slight_smile:

16 Likes