No You Don't Need the Latest and Greatest Graphics Card to Enjoy Pimax8K Edited with new Fallout4VR results and setting using 980ti

There are actually to watercooled 980ti’s in that computer.
yes I didn’t mention that in the specs. Since I was only testing with one GPU.

1 Like

I need to go water cooled. Always hitting 84c on my 1080Ti when at full throttle and it bothers me.

2 Likes

Yes I know what you mean its nice to never hardly go above 40C.

1 Like

If I remember it right, Quake 2 VR mod ran at 80fps stable on my GTX 1070 laptop with Pimax 8K m1 back when I tried it during the beta phase. Its really not demanding at all. I will give it a new try soon.

Having some rough and busy days atm, plus night work so cant do much before Monday/Tuesday…

4 Likes

19 posts were split to a new topic: Pros & Cons Watercooling Dilema

As you can see I hold any response from @SweViver in high regard. Don’t let the nicey nice guy image he portrays on his youtube channel deceive you, he really knows his stuff and even though he doesn’t know it, I have benefited greatly from his advice over the last couple years in my adventures in this new VR technology. MRTv also another smart guy likes him as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for this information, I think it’s a good idea to tell people that are on a GTX 1060 type GPU that they scan try easy to run games to see if they like the FOV then upgrade GPU later, this is one example of the game, did you try any dolphin VR games, give Resident Evil 4 (NGC) a go, it plays great in VR as you get great camera control and FOV of the originally low FOV game, also we can see if dolphin is easy to run.

I will get my Pimax 5K+ in some months and will try it with GTX 1050ti first to see if I like the FOV on easy to run games, then upgrade later, if I don’t like it then I just sell it off, this makes more sense than a new GPU first.

This is interesting MicoM I played Resident Evil 4 on flat screen and had no idea you could play it in VR loved that game only am very disappointed in that capcom has not finally released Resident evil 7 for VR. I loved that game playing on my Vive using VorpX. I curse sony and the creators of Resident Evil 7 for not releasing it yet on PC since it would be one of my favorite games to try with my Pimax.

you can play it in VorpX using Flawless Widescreen to increase the FOV, you have to change the script to a multiplier somewhere to increase the FOV scale, you will have to find a guide to figure it out, and yeah you get geometry 3D in VorpX with that title, the FOV fix doens’t work for cutscenes though making the game worse in it, it is 100x better in dolphin anyway as it’s real VR headtracking, cutscenes included as well.

Cool thanks MicroM it looks like I will have to contact Ralp for another key since it’s been awhile. Geometry 3D yea I’m all about that. Don’t care about cut scenes, I mean I enjoy them but I to this day have never experienced any motion sickness or anything like that luckily.