No 6dof tracking issue?

My Pimax 5K+ was submitted for replacement and today my replacement came in.

Now I can’t get tracking to work. 3dof works but when I enable head tracking the screen fades to grey/white.

Anyone have a solution to this?

3 Likes

I’ve consistently had problems with initializing tracking. I only have 1 basestation (which is fine for seated VR games). I had the basestation channel set to “b”, but have been told (earlier today) that for a single bs I should set the channel to “a”. I have not been able to test it yet. The solution that works for me is to move my headset to 0.5 m from the bs and slowly move it outwards. If I reach 4 m, I repeat the process a few times (as needed). If it still doesn’t work, I reboot my PC and try the above procedure again. Eventually, it will start tracking. From then on, everything is fine.

2 Likes

Try this:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/8k-5k-headset-not-tracked-workaround/17454?u=drwilken

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I generally don’t need to do that, I just need to keep waving my headset around until it reaches its “happy place” and it will start tracking.

However, this evening, the headset itself had trouble initializing. First the screens were blank, so I reset the headset in PiTool. Then 1 of the screens had colored horizontal stripes, but the other one showed the Pimax default screen. I reset it again and it worked fine for a couple of hours. Then the both screens went black, in game (Elite Dangerous). I reset it again in PiTool and it was fine and I was able to continue my game in progress, as if nothing had happened.

@anon74848233, is this sort of thing likely to be a cable issue? (I’ve already got a replacement on the way.) Or is it likely to be a hardware (headset) issue and I need to contact Support for a 8K replacement headset? Please advise. Thank you.

2 Likes

This fixed it! Thank you so much. The dread I felt after hooking my replacement up and not getting image was getting to me.

1 Like

Really happy it worked! :+1:

2 Likes

I have the same issue, but the solution isn’t working for me. Any other suggestions?

1 Like