Next Pitool with improved smoothing? Is Pimax still using the forums?

As I see another weekend approaching, I’m wondering if it will come and go without the Pitool update with improved smoothing that Kevin/PimaxUSA talked about in his interview with Sebastian/MRTV. I really want this feature.

Also, I feel like I’m seeing little or no responses from Pimax staff in these forums. Perhaps I’m just not looking at the right threads? Is Pimax still responding?

4 Likes

Next version going by @PimaxUSA last interview is going to expand on BW features. Eta? Hard to say he might have some accurate timeline (maybe). But he has been known to let the cat out of the bag too soon.

3 Likes

New version was delayed a bit over some XR edition updates that are being tested.

6 Likes

Any update for backers waiting for 5k XR(formerly oled BE) production?

And would you guestimate new pitool maybe released around Apr 15? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking: :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for the information. I’m really looking forward to upgrading my Fallout 4 VR experience. :crazy_face:

Also, nice play! I just realized that you answered my two questions with one answer!

I was also noticing a lack of staff forum activity. Speaking of the next Pitool update, I’m more interested in game profiles. @PimaxUSA , any updates on this getting implemented?

4 Likes

When I returned from GTC and GDC, got back to work on adding a lot more functionality to the US office. About 1,000 to-do items on that front but I think most would agree that fast local support will be a good step forward.

On Pitool I see a lot of testing reports going back and forth. Hopefully we can get a high quality change log in there as well for this release.

6 Likes

Is there any chatter about the ‘alternating between left and right image’ feature? And is FFR going to hit us non RTX users too?

3 Likes