Newly arrived 8kx does not work, really frustrated (Solved, working with his RTX)

I used 60hz all the time with my 8kx, its something i miss with the aero.

2 Likes

I’m curious about the use case for 60Hz. That’s an unacceptably low frame rate for VR in my book. What do you use it for exactly? What specific titles and circumstances?

flightsims without any repro
(but for myself, i am fine with 75)

2 Likes

I used it for all my games and in all circumstances, i didn’t notice strobing/flickering, same can’t be said for my old G2 at 60hz.

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

I would love to figure out exactly why 60hz works for some…is it the display? Is it my eyes?. I feel like its more than likely the former and that Pimax changed parts along the way, the latency of the display or something

I feel like the name of the game anymore is to adjust the resolution of any given game to get 1/2 the refresh, 37.fps with repro or 75 fps without. If i had a working 60hz display without strobing that would be nice to give another option. Hope the 12k has NO Strobing!

Same here. I first tested it out on MSFS 2020 when I had my 1080ti in order to try and get smoother gameplay. It worked for that and I found that I didn’t see any strobing/flickering at all. I then tried it on several other games, especially Luke Ross’s mods, and found that it worked well for everything I tried with me. I now have a 3080ti and have still been using the 60hz mode.

2 Likes

You are correct, but Amazon description does not reflect this and is misleading.

Good thing I have to mention the 2nd 8KX is much more stable and gives me less problems than the first.

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA @hammerhead_gal

Can you audit the Amazon Channels and request updates where needed to ensure specs & info is accurate and up-to-date?

3 Likes

Hello,

I’ve forwarded this to our Amazon sales team, the related info shall update shortly to prevent any misunderstanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.