New Starvr Wide FOV Consumer Headset Coming Soon

The look on his face tells exactly what he thinks of Pimax. You can keep buttering things up but what you should be doing is convincing Pimax to drop the NDA so you testers can explain why Pimax needs more time to get those lenses right. Their taking you guys for fools

Keep trying to convince yourself you made the right decision to sell.

2 Likes

Nice subject change. I couldnā€™t care less when I get my next headset. If Pimax turn things round Iā€™ll gladly buy one

1 Like

As far as im aware Star VR uses OLED, but @1440p per eye, so if the pixel fill isnā€™t high, I dont know if it would beat the 8k on SDE. Color and brightness might be way better though, and that does a lot.

Realistically, I wish people werenā€™t so worried about refresh rate. At this stage, running a 1080 ti you can only push 1440p in stereo at about 72hz (144hz in 2D)

1 Like

Would love to see you turn this around :slight_smile:

Here you have MRTV telling us the ā€œOLDā€ star VR has much better FOV than the 8K

Well then stop projecting non sense like you know something you donā€™t. Itā€™s no subject change. Prior to you selling your pledge you were positive. Now you do nothing but bad mouth this project. Give it a rest with your bitterness.

You sold out; live with it.

10 degrees more is really nothing. Now Ben on the otherhand remarked about Panasonicā€™s 220Ā° feeling much bettet than both StarVR & Pimax. It will be interesting if StarVR is released ad a consumer version to see some real tests on itā€¦

Especially since most say the business model sucks.

2 Likes

Love it how you resort to personal attacks when you have nothing else to say. You should try being a more neutral moderator :wink:

How is it a personal attack? Your the one attacking this project with your negative non sense based on what?

Give you a hint; itā€™s not facts.

2 Likes

Pimax has to fear now two things: price and release date of Star VR. Their unique USP is then only the upscaled 8K (4K) resolution

1 Like

Weā€™ve also received an email outlining an ā€œenterpriseā€ product launch from StarVR

Interesting, that article says they are going to discuss a new ā€˜Enterpriseā€™ product. Maybe the IMAX deal was not sweat enough so they will sell it online to anybody that can afford it.

If that is the case, Pimax have less to worry about, it is not their market and the cost will probably be more than the Prosumer Vive Pro.

1 Like

Although starvr has bigger fov more than pimax 8k, but the old version is very disappointed about distortion at the edge, lenses edge at the middle (may be wrong ipd and canā€™t adjust it).

I am sure that I canā€™t use it to play in the long time. The old version is not good enough for consumer version, but it is acceptable for enterprise (look like pimax has said that the enterprise customer can accept the pimax 8k right now).

If starvr launch the consumer version or enterprise version with the old lenses and same issue, may people will said that it is scam.

p.s 5k of starvr is 2.5k + 2.5k (same pimax 8k which be 4k+4k).

1 Like

Unless StarVR is going to connect to SteamVR, I guess there wonā€™t be much content. Might be ā€˜shooting for a starā€™ā€¦

3 Likes

The new star vr is enterprise.

1 Like

So no competition then for pimax on the consumer market. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

only 4 days guys and then we know moreā€¦i cannot wait for what it brings

According to the Article @crony posted. StarVR is coming out with an Enterprise headset; so not likely consumer release at all.

At the time, the StarVR headset may of had more than 10 degrees on the Pimax 8k. Iā€™ve heard from some people that Pimax were only using like 80% of the panels, and were trying to get it to 100% in the 8k.

1 Like

Why not just wait a few days so we all know whats really happening with StarVR :slight_smile: All we know at this point is rumors and assumptions. Even if I can admit Iā€™m excited about the StarVR hype, i canā€™t take it seriously until I know whatā€™s really coming up. Judging from the commercial IMAX StarVR version and itā€™s specs, they have a very long way to go until they meet home consumer standards, both in terms of compatibility and useability for gaming.

In the end, its Acer and not Samsung or LG. Acer did the least impressive WMR headset up to date, which they are now dumping through sales for 100-200 bucks as nobody wants it.

I really hope im wrong here, but until they prove me wrong I wont hold my breathā€¦

7 Likes

Hopefully Acer have been dumping tons of money into this project to create a high end headset to supplement their cheap WMR headset. Looking foward to the day we have a full range of HMDā€™s to choose from

1 Like