New program for updating SteamVR config for Wide FOV automagically

Hi, I can’t even get microsoft to let the file come thru even though I turned off the firewall

if you change settings in steam vr , they dont work if read only is ticked i think.

Yeah, that was probably the issue or at least that things like resolution didn’t stick between sessions… something or other.

I’m not sure how to help you with that.

No problem just finally did it manually. Thank you.

I’ve had mine on read-only for a few days now. It’s keeping and using my settings.

could i ask you to send me a copy of your config? i’m currious why stemvr would see the need to replace it.

All it would take is running it once and SteamVR would automatically lower the resolution and settings. What I did was actually uninstall SteamVR and delete the remaining folders. After the reinstall, I ran your config file and immediately made the file Read-only. Now that I’ve had it read only it’s kept the settings and quality every time I’ve played. I’ll take a look and share the config when I get home later.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.