New Offset to fix in Piserver.exe for LukeRoss mods as well as other apps (such as Open XR Toolkit)

They are all “beta” no?

Far as Im concerned all pitool versions are beta. .263 seems to provide huge fps boosts for some, each person finds differing results…the addition of this quiet revision of pimax 8kx version 2 adds to the confusion.

1 Like

i aint gonna upgrade for a while from .277.

1 Like

Hi @hammerhead_gal, is this something you can communicate to the developers? This is quite noticeable and I’m starting to get users reporting bugs to me, while this is clearly a bug in the Pimax software. This should be 1-line change for the Pimax developers to do.

The issue is that when submitting quad layers to the Pimax compositor, the edges of the layer will appear black no matter what color they are set to be on the quad layer.

As explained here by Luke Ross, it’s only a matter of changing one value in a texture sampler:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/luke-ross-mods-discussion/37727/149

Please this needs to get done. This looks like a trivial change. Is there another official place (a bug tracker) where I can report this to get the developers attention?

Thanks.

8 Likes

@hammerhead_gal, Sorry to bump. Was this communicated to the devs for Pitool?
I submitted a Pimax support ticket to see if that helps improve PiTool.
Thanks for all your support of the Pimax community!

3 Likes

More generally: you can search any Pitool version for the following Hex without quotes “44 24 44 04 00 00 00 C7 44 24 3C 04” changing the last 04 to 03.

2 Likes

Offset C9BAB for .270 for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

you fixed it for .279?

For Pitool .279 same as .277

1 Like

Same for .280

yeap, The pitool team have checked it and we hope to fix it in the next vertion!
We really appreciate you guy’s works!

7 Likes

Thank you, that sounds really great!

Same for the new Client as it is in testing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new client integrated pitool 280. We 'll fix it in the next pitool vertion(281)

1 Like

Nice! Thank you so much!

Hi,

Unfortunately the issue is still present in version 281.

Hopefully the fix is planned soon.

1 Like

HI Mbuccia:
Checked with the team ,will be fixed in 282 :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

3 Likes

HOORAY! Byte by byte well get it right!

1 Like

Can this be done more easy ?No i do not have a problem with hexeditors, we needet them in the past.
But why cant we just have it in a easy way the same thing with the unity head tracking stuff as well…it is no big thing yes.
But, you know…

Is 282 out yet? Or will it be in 283?