New 5k+ nothing can see thru lenses

Hey!
Just got my 5k+ sn203… connecting and everything is connected, PI tool sees it, can change logo color and etc, SteamVR sees it to and tracking works fine BUT nothing in the headset itself, just dark lenses(
Tried different Dports, USB ports, latest drivers and etc
Any advise?
Thanks!

1 Like

What happens when you power on the HMD, like what color those the LED near the power button have?
Do the LCD displays turn on? Pure Black or grayish, meaning the back light is on. What refresh rate and resolution those steam show?
Those pitool show you the version number of the HMD firmware and of pitool itself and what are they. What GPU are you using?
How do you know tracking is working if you can’t see anything?

Edit: sorry lots of questions… But else it’s hard to help
And welcome ofcourse :blush:

When you say “Pitool sees it” does that mean there is an image in Pitool before you start SteamVR? If you just start Pitool and turn off Pimax home, do you see an image?

1 Like

Welcome to the Open[color=orange]MR[/color]!

Have you ran and completed Room setup? Even without lighthouses with Lighthouses tracking unchecked this needs to be ran.

1 Like

Yes, everything just fine, light is steady green, I ran room setup both PM and SteamVR, no lighthouses, tracking works fine and you can see it via SteamVR both room and VR player, but nothing in headset lenses at all
I have 2080 super and using usb 3.0 and 3.1

Yes to both, I see headset image and no fault msgs

.255 is firmware, green light and 72Hz SteamVR and LCDs plain black, not a blink of light

Little update: after plug/unplugs resets and etc dance managed to get right LCD working for few minutes but now all black again…

1 Like

I am still not quite sure… if you can see the PiMax Logo Image, then the LCD is working - So I guess you dont see that?
Maybee the Floor fix? I remember once being below the “plane” in Steam and all was dark, but then you still see the “grayisch color”.

I would suggest opening a Ticket - Submit a ticket : Pimax Support - sounds a bit strange.
and maybe getting in contact with @PimaxQuorra so that the support Team can Help you - either with the config or an exchange in case something really is wrong with the HMD.

1 Like

Hi Nemich,

Could you submit a ticket on the helpdesk so that we can arrange a free technical support for you? at here:

B.R.
Konger

2 Likes

Nothing at all, no logo, so I guess LCDs are completely off, tested on another pc - same result, also tested power brick - 12,2V stable, so it isn’t a problem…
Ticket is open

1 Like

Check the cable connector which goes into the headset. Often loose. Push it in.

3 Likes

Yep, resealed it - no result

2 Likes

The guy with the xr and others had the same problem and at first sight it looked like it sits firm. But it didń´t. So unplug it and really push it hard back in. You should somehow feel when it connects firmly.

3 Likes

Done, unplugged it and resealed with no result(

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.