My Review of the Pimax Vision 8kX and some missteps [Review]

Is it possible to use the sennheiser hd800 with the comfort kit of the 8k X ? will they collide ? :thinking:

This is also my concern. Worst case scenario is we remove the audio drivers from the SMAS and 3D print end-caps to fill the hole. The HD800’s are pretty extreme in size as far as over-ear open backed headphones go. We can only hope right? Also I am a little dubious as to the qaulity of the audio pass-through on the headset.

There is still going to be that slight bulge there that some headphones will not have the clearance to avoid.

1 Like

Sure it would be good for Bose & Audeze etc to create modules for use with the MAS and that the design allows for removing the Audio for those whom want to use their own pre bought audio headsets.

Thanks for your commments. How is FFR working? Can you see pixelation on the sides? What resolution and refresh rate are you using? What gpu? Many thanks.

1 Like

Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic :wink:

6 Likes

At time, there is a „75-years sennheiser“ offer for the HD25, only 97euro!

2 Likes

I’m wondering the same… Looking straight ahead with FFR enabled in my 5K+ I easily notice the pixelation in the peripheral (without moving my eyes at all). Especially in Skyrim where all foliage turns into a sparkling mess… Kind of hoping that the higher resolution of the 8KX will overcome this, otherwise DFR won’t make that much of a difference really…

4 Likes

I’ve wondered if there is a way to apply a slight blur to the periphery area.

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s possible to blur that area, however, it will impact the framerate and add lag. I’m not sure that the penalty would be noticeable though.

1 Like

They are already processing the outer area with VRS, a basic radial blur filter would not add any latency over what they are already doing.

1 Like

I might try and find the time to. But I think another user has yesterday in a different thread with 500.

1 Like

I strongly hope PITool has gamma correction.
Games and movies usually don’t have gamma correction.

2 Likes

Hi coverman,
Thanks for your original post about receiving your Pimax8kX its the only reason i thought to email about asking for tracking info and then receiving mine later that day. I would have been even more shocked on reception if i had not have read it.

4 Likes

Also Beyerdynamic has special offers, even on the manufactured ones (as in parts made specially and by hand).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.