My Pimax 5K+ has been stolen... Warning for french backers

Yeah, one backer had his Pimax delivered to compost bin.

4 Likes

The trash container is behind the main door…

1 Like

I’ll do. I wait for the phone bill.

1 Like

I was about to bring that up. Good thing I checked out the comments first.

A bit late on your response :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

i hope you fucking savage them.

4 Likes

They have to prove to you that they indeed delivered it to the “safe place” (lieu sûr) or the specific address (complément d’addresse), and where exactly this place should be and how they made sure it was delivered correctly (who received the package).

1 Like

Dayum, What a kick in the nuts!!

Surely Pimax is insuring all these deliveries?!?

2 Likes

I don’t know… Chronopost doesn’t want to say anything to me because they said they have a delivery contractuelle between them Pimax. So I don’t know if there is any insurrance :confused:

1 Like

So who did the delivery man call , can he give you the number if it was not yours ?

1 Like

I don’t know… The carrier doesn’t give any information about the guy :confused:

1 Like

I hope it was a DOA headset!! Keep an eye on eBay. Very disappointing for you.

1 Like

Here in the US when dealing with United Parcel Service (UPS), I can tell you that the receiver of the goods have no rights to claim on the UPS insurance. All claims have to be filed with the shipper, Pimax.

Maybe you could reach out to Kevin @PimaxUSA and tell him the story. Seems to me this situation would get lost in translation between the Chinese language and English. Good Luck!

1 Like

I believe this is the same everywhere, because the shipper is the one who (usually) pays the service (=customer). But the intriguing part is that they claim the OP has called them and based on that call, they diverted the package (or did whatever they did with it). I hope there is a legal way, when someone claims I did something (e.g. I called him) for me to challenge this claim, without having to resent to make some other 3rd party an arbiter.

But it would be safe to run also an inquiry on Pimax’ end by asking of the proof of the delivery and the exact location where it was delivered.

2 Likes

I had a similar issue with Yodel for a package I was waiting for. Not Pimax related though.

Claim to track the package, claim to have delivered it. Claim it was delivered to my house.
They say the GPS from the delivery van shows that the driver stopped outside my house.
Yet I did not receive anything at my house! I wasnt even in to accept it!
Yodel talked to driver, driver claims to have delivered it to my house. Again not at my house.
Yodel said I had to talk to the seller to get them to begin a claim process!

Anyway 2 days later my neighbour knocks on my door, has my package.
Driver delivered to my neighbour since I wasnt in.
Didnt leave a note saying so either.

I was lucky my neighbour delivered it, if they decided to keep the item for themselves, then I would have had to start the claim process, and who knows how that would have turned out.
Cos even if Yodel claim the van was outside my house, it does not prove it was delivered. but I could see them arguing that though if I had to do this!

So yeah even WITH tracking, a courier can lose your item!

5 Likes

I hoped my neighbors would have took it, but no :confused:

Pimax remains silent for the moment. I guess they are waiting for the reply from DPD/Chronopost…

And now the Chinese holidays are coming :frowning:

@anon74848233 @Matthew.Xu @PimaxUSA @PimaxVR

1 Like

Damn, i guess you wrote an PM to Pimax SupporT?

Yes but they didn’t reply yet… I don’t know if they are waiting for the carrier feedback to reply, or if they just don’t care…

I guess that they are waiting for the carrier feedback, but it’s really hard to stay like this without any informations, and see that they are preparing the pre-orders shipping…(even if of course I am happy for them… ).

1 Like

Well I know from my experiences carriers love merry go rounds.

Yes, I hear you,…

No news since a week when they said they will inquire with the carrier…

I don’t know what to think…

1 Like