My first try to ever put on an 8KX, and…

Well first I thought honeypot, but tbh you convinced me to be wrong with this one.

That’s absolutely true. I hope they’ll also strive for a better work-life-balance like many of the Europeans and Americans do now.
With freedom through free time and a healthy lifestyle becoming the new go-to commodity my generation strives for.
Veering away from “who has the most expensive car”, which is a sign for yesterday’s boomers or poor people recently gotten to riches, and those who didn’t know better. Full utility commodities and work-life-balance for the win.

Why get a guzzling V8 if work is 20km out and such a gasoline burning stinker annoys women, neighbours, scares kids and shocks the cats?

Because it makes You smile? :slight_smile: P.S. I don’t have a V8 (but I do have a H6)… :wink:

2 Likes

I’m far too practical to get a car which takes premium fuel. I drive an old Camry (when I drive at all). I’m not into fashion or fancy clothes either.

However, I have a friend who has several fast, expensive cars, so I sometimes get to enjoy that sort of thing, without the price tag. (I’ve even ridden on Road Atlanta (the local race track) with him.)

I’d rather spend my cash on stuff like good food, experiences (including trips to the spa), and computer hardware. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I drive an old (2004) Subaru Outback 3.0R because it’s proven technology and works really, really well and it’s a 6 cylinder horizontally opposed engine :slight_smile:

And that’s the beauty of diversity/choices in the world of today :wink:

I don’t like to spend (too) much on stuff I can’t hold/feel between my hands :smiley:

2 Likes

I absolutely understand why you are doing that. Sometimes it’s just not about the salary and working hours. It’s the passion and pleasure you can get from the work. And if you have a good boss, a good team, even a comfortable working environment, it’s just so amazing to be involved. I can see that you have a felling of honors towards your work,too. That is definitely rare nowadays. You should be proud! I respect you so much, really, from my heart!

2 Likes

Actually, I have a really great boss. :slight_smile: I work for an international company. I live in the US, but my boss is Chinese and lives in Beijing. I really like my team, too; I’ve been working with some of them for more than 15 years.

3 Likes

It’s actually funny to see you all discussing about honeypot or something like that in the comments. :joy: But, believe me, this is really not. I never thought I could be competent to serve as a honey trap.

Pimax is now a small company and to be honest, most of my colleagues are men, indeed. I happened to be one of the few girls who were assigned to play a role here, I feel so lucky and glad because I can be associated with many different people here. I always dreamed about travelling around the world alone and talk to many people from other countries when I was a kid. I have been very curious and adventurous like most of you.

And, haha, there are just normal people around me, things are pretty easy here. We talk about what to eat in lunch around lunch time, how recent weather makes us hot to death; married colleagues talk about their cute daughters, their naughty sons, when to pick them up from school and how their kids make them crazy, yet sometimes how those kids let them feel so happy, and how they were moved by their kids’ unconscious sweet words and then began to feel so lucky for being able to be a parent, etc.

We never have the intention to set up a honey trap, my friend. Please feel safe here.

4 Likes

Wow, 15 years is a really long time. You must have a strong connection now. I guess this work has become part of your life and it means a lot to you. It’s just so incredible! :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s actually closer to 25 years (and I’ve worked with 1 team member for ~20). The small company I originally worked for was bought by the new one. It’s nice to be valued and work with a great group of people. We’ve got a talented group of engineers and our company understands the value of people.

But we’ve clearly drifted off-topic (yet again)! So…

I am really looking forward to the arrival of my 8KX, hopefully in a month or so, when I can have “my first try to put on an 8KX”! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah true, it was funny to observe the reaction of the guys at the beginning. You proved us all wrong anyway, your language skills speak for themselves. The irony is that the guys’ reaction led to my comment, not your behaviour, appearance, or what you have said. So don’t worry! :grin:

It’s great we have a new Pimax employee speaking to us here about 8KX things. The nickname “hammerhead” fits to the Pimax HMDs! :v:

3 Likes

It is appreciated to have a human personality to associate with PIMAX customer relations. Martin and PimaxUSA tend to be business focused and direct, discussions with them on the forums center around PIMAX products. Being casually engaged by a member of the company on general discussions helps remind people that “normal” people work at Pimax with their own thoughts and ambitions. It’s not some faceless coprorate machine.

Perhaps PIMAX could pick up on this and have their brand and community staff engage more actively in this manner.

4 Likes

I am so happy for you, and it’s truly a great company you are working for.

haha, you are right, but you can talk about everything with me, I will be always listening. :wink:
We are shipping a certain amounts of 8KX everyday now, and things goes smoothly. So I think you can get your 8KX soon. Although I don’t know if you are in the next batch.

1 Like

Thank you! I am so relieved. :laughing: It’s very kind of you to say that to me.

haha, I know, right? But the name hammerhead sounds so much like a male, and I don’t want people to take me as a man wrongly. :no_mouth:

Oh my god, you made me just want to cry. :sob: It’s like finally someone think my existence means something here, it’s so great to feel needed. thank you thank you thank you!

1 Like

For once I agree with your wife :-). I also work in IT so there are unexpected problems, deadlines etc. I stay long/work weekend when needed/emergency happens, but I always take same amount of free time later instead of extra pay.

1 Like

I very slightly resent your characterization of boomers, just slightly. I think I may just qualify as a boomer, and I don’t have such a car. I’d like to get a Tesla, but I don’t have a good excuse to get a new car now.

It’s beginning to bother me that we agree on so many things.

1 Like

Hammerhead may possibly sound a little bit masculine, but I really wouldn’t worry about it. Besides, your hammerhead shark tag with the eyelashes should be enough of a clue to anyone paying attention. And what does it matter anyway?

3 Likes

Sorry… :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, you are absolutely right. I will stop worrying about it now. It doesn’t matter at all. :wink: