My 8K X Review, bought from eBay

I bought from a Backer which was having it already

5 Likes

It sounds like the distance from the center of your nose to each eye differs.

Try increasing/decreasing your IPD and use your hands to shift the headset towards the side. Once you’ve got the correct alignment for both eyes, you’ll need to adjust the padding to shift the headset to the correct location. You may need to add or reduce padding in the nose area also.

4 Likes

Actually I meant the tool Matthew (mirage355) is working on for the Pimax Experience, which helps align the IPD with a crosshair in the headset.

6 Likes

That would be great whenever this app finally comes out. Its already delayed almost 2 months now

1 Like

Ye I will have to try that. It isnt that far off, but i do see a difference in one eye. I gotta play with it more to try and find a better alignment on my face

2 Likes

hmmm i wonder if the comfort kit is really worth using.

3 Likes

It’s supposed to be better. I look forward to trying it and will likely mod it, if necessary.

I had this problem too, and used that fix for a while. I determined that, for me, just decreasing the IPD a bit more solved the problem (but initially that caused some minor eye-strain, which no longer bothers me - I soon got used to it).

2 Likes

Pimax really screwed up many times with countless stuff.

But the CK is none of that (well, besides that you need to cut it for the ET)
It makes the HMD way more comfortable and helped a bit with geometry issues.

But keep in mind that also the CK may differ in size. I mean the way they send their things packing it with whatever. So no surprise if some may have some early 3d print prototypes CKs with their brand new HMD cuz someone was in a hurry cramming the package.

However, as I said at least my CK improved the HMD.

2 Likes

Thank you. Have updated your title.

Difficulty is that it has increased pupil to lens distance. For those whom needed thicker foam on original face gasket this will be okay. However others it seems it has created issues.

2 Likes

You’re right… Just when I thought that I may have had something positive to add.

They probably should have provided 2 CKs with a long and short version,
as a workaround for distance issues.
Is it even possible to add the nose flap without the CK itself ? (the nose flap is a must)
That would be a minimum for a “modular” HMD actually.

1 Like

The heat is what I experience as well. Takes one hour and you feel it.

1 Like

Well folks have said an Eye relief dial would have been nice. It is too bad the comfort kit wasn’t designed to have it.

4 Likes

i actually forgot to adjust the IPD but with my 5kplus or xr I can have a wrong IPD and still feel no eye strain like on the 8kx

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.