My 8K X no longer works. the LED flashes yellow / green

My 8k X no longer works. At the beginning of the problem it worked but the purple light. i wanted to flash the firmare to solve the problem but now the light is blinking yellow / green and no longer works. for pitool it carries error 10510. Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

1 Like

Have you filed a support Ticket? If so please post ticket number

2 Likes

yes , my ticket is #10848.

2 Likes

Same for me after failed firmware update. Headset flashing green, red and blue. I should have just left it alone but nooooo!!! :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ok I fixed it. I did windows 10 recovery and now it’s working. Its the first wtf moment with pimax headset .

2 Likes

don’t worry to much if its just the dfu mode, it seemed all people here had there firmware reflashed and got up and running (even when the pimax support seemed clueless about it)
from the experience here in the forum the dfu mode seems reliable and sweviver even was able to reflash after manually uploading a wrong firmware to the hmd
most problems in these cases are driver related and about missing or wrong windows driver for dfu mode

last year it was a pretty common pitool problem to mess up on firmware updates (stuck and waiting did not help at some point you need to pull the plug and knowing the dfu mode is there and working helps)

2 Likes

It is interesting that some have the issue while others haven’t suggesting maybe an issue with Windows and/or mobo variations.

1 Like

I haven’t updated in a while. That dam thing called work has been eating up all my vr time. Just not right in my opinion :grin:

2 Likes

I’m running Amd chipset. Not sure that matters…glad it’s resolved

2 Likes

Also glad.that everything thing that doesn’t work with electronics is sometimes user error. Sometimes folks…it’s us😁

1 Like

i did had this last year once or twice but not lately and i have not changed the hardware or the main win10 version (still 1904/1909)
my suggestion here was to not start pitool after a update as it usually will try to updated the firmware right after starting without asking for permission, when not starting it you had the choice to first make the system ready like rebooting and stopping as much additional software to minimize the update problems

but now pimax does not pack the latest firmware anymore and checks over internet for new version and asks before updating so you have a chance to make things ready before doing a firmware update

also its still possible to download the latest firmware manually and doing the update by using the dfu.exe from pimax
C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Pimax\PiTool\pitool.log
that file will log the location of the firmware file so you can copy that to your browser

12/05-17:01:46 Info: OnlineRequest parseData success 8888 “P2C” “updateFirmware”
12/05-17:01:46 Info: VersionItem::load success “HmdFirmware” “2269” 2264 3
12/05-17:01:46 Info: VersionItem::load mFileName, “http://pitool.oss-accelerate.aliyuncs.com/P2_RELEASE_M269.dfu” “C:\Users\User1\AppData\Local\PiTool\HmdFirmware_2269.dfu” 3 2
12/05-17:01:46 Info: httpReadyRead : 431

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.