My 4090 can't connect my 8kX - Change Refresh Rate outside of Pitool

Tried to download pimaxclient.

Can’t register for account, as the country/region select box provides no choices to choose from

FW 298 is when 90hz mode option was added.

Have you filed a Support Ticket?

My msi gaming trio x gets up to 450w when fully pushed to the max. When gaming it varies greatly as I think if you dont have things like ray tracing that can use all the different cores, it just simply doesn’t need as much. Hard to say what i average, but if/when i’m looking its always high 300s.

I’ll consider the trial, but to be fair, that sounds pretty time consuming and i dont really do a lot of testing like this so i’m afraid it wouldnt be very scientific. If I get some time today, i’ll give it a whirl. My guess though would be hard powerlimiting through msi afterburner would be relatively unprecise and may cause crashing in games.

No problem at all. Between no MBR/BIOS booting and this issue with the Pimax it took me a solid 7 hours of troubleshooting before my 4090 was ready to go. Glad i could post and save other’s time.

1 Like

Make sure your bios doesn’t have any integrated graphics enabled. Mine was technically “off” but had a secondoption to allow it to to act as a secondary monitor. Once I disabled that, my issues with 10936 (maybe 10934) went away on every version of firmware and pitool that worked before. I’m running the 298 engineering test firmware on pitool 280

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.