MRTV: How To Attach Deluxe Audio Strap To Pimax - The Frankenpimax Tutorial

Actually I love the use your own audio head set think
I got the odyssey and while having good audio, the headphone don’t reach to my ears in a comfortable way - so I would rather use my senheiser. So it’s actually cool we will get both.

1 Like

i think i might find some kind of closure with HTC in smashing my vive with a hammer and dragging the DAS out of its corpse.

3 Likes

Hmmm. This somehow feels like the right approach… I think I’ll do that, too. :hammer: :smiley:

2 Likes

To avoid detrimental vr withdrawals; reccommend waiting until pimax arrives.

For best results have Vive dig it’s own grave. :beers::joy::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

No, I recommend to keep it and use it once in a month to shiver in horror as to which SDE etc. you had to endure in the early days…

No, on a serious note, I will keep both my broken-under-warranty-yet-not-repaired-Vive and my Rift as a fond reminder of how it all started. Can‘t blame them for progress being made later (and I don‘t own the Vive Pro - that one would deserve being snashed for bringing little improvements with an exceptional price tag)

3 Likes

looking at the clips on the headset and how the man used Velcro, i have an idea on how pimax might design the new head strap.

a lamp shape is a circle cylinder. the mod to this would be to cut the cylinder in half vertically.

this cylinder straight edges are attached to two pieces, one piece per side, the pieces on the cylinder are not movable.

on the headset are two pegs, one peg per side, and they are immovable.

the pieces on the cylinder are stuck to the pegs on the headset using Velcro.
also the pieces on the cylinder encase the peg on the headset so the headset isnt flimsy.

this way the cylinder can be at different parts of the peg for the left and right side, to suit unsymmetrical faces.

and on the back of the cylinder is a strap to keep the headset from falling off the head.

the cylinder might not fit on the head size so its split vertically down the middle and the two pieces of the cylinder are attached using another strap.

1 Like

Yes. Why they couldn’t just copy the Oculus or WMR headstraps

Pimax Eric got to try one more than a year ago :wink:

1 Like

How can company claim that they are striving to give immersive VR experience without audio solution, this is utterly stupid if it doesnt have audio.

2 Likes

Because there is no way to use the pimax without an audio strap right?

Don’t be dense.

2 Likes

You’d rather have the limited unremoveable solution of Samsung? There is an audio port to connect a ln audio headset & the deluxe headmount with removeable ear phones is coming.

This design is completely fine. You can simply plug in any headphones, do the Deluxe Audio Strap mod or as @Heliosurge has just mentioned wait for the official deluxe audio headmount.

3 Likes

I am aware that i can use my own headphones to connect or do the mod or wait for the strap thats going to cost extra and no current vr headsets like oculus or vive are sold without an audio solution, how can it be immersion without the audio iut of the box as standard as pimax claims, thats all i am saying.

2 Likes

Headsets without their own audio solution out of the box: StarVR One, HTC Vive, Dell Visor, Lenovo Explorer, Asus Mixed Reality, Acer Mixed Reality, HP Mixed Reality, Lenovo Mirage Solo…

4 Likes

So if they added a $5 set of head phones like psvr; you’d be happy?

3 Likes

Whatever they can add will give atleast immersive experience, and when i pay around 860$ for a HMD i expect it to have everything for an immersive experience.

1 Like

Dollerama has what you need. Please use the head phone jack provided.

If your a backer you will receive the deluxe headmount when available. Had it not been a kickstarter reward you would have needed to use your own head phones.

1 Like

Didn’t they say that they would also give it to pre-orders? Pretty sure they did.

1 Like

Yes but after the pre order becomes the question.

Personally I think the deluxe headmount at least should become standard.

3 Likes

Agreed. There are some things that you expect to get. For many, that includes controllers and base stations, but at a minimum (imo) the deluxe headmount and 2 or 3 different foam thicknesses would be appropriate.

It would be even better if the eyetracker was included (maybe as part of a premium kit with base stations and controllers. The more eyetrackers there are in use, the more likely it is that we will see support for it in games and apps. It’s also required for dynamic foveated rendering and (maybe) dynamic distortion adjustment.

@deletedpimaxrep1, once Pimax has supplies of the accessories, Pimax should consider bundles like these, which will make the user experience as awesome as possible.

3 Likes