MAS + Pimax weight

Does anyone have info of how heavy the MAS is? How much is the combined weight of MAS and Pimax?

1 Like

I asked this question to Pimax on this forum a long time ago and never got a response. However, to me overall weight is less important than weight balance.

Pimax headset + standard cloth strap - weight balance is very bad. Cloth strap is wholly inadequate for me and counterweight is required to make it useable.

Pimax headset + MAS - impressions from CES, MRTV etc is that weight balance is very good. So I have been looking forward to using a MAS for a very long time. It’s a shame that a new gen of headset has come along while we’re waiting, and we still don’t have our hands on one.

3 Likes

The balance not the main issue to me. My problem is that I am very sensitive to weight on my head. Even heavy helmets sometimes cause me headaches. The Pimax already is kinda on the limit and OG Vive 1.0 is too heavy. Even if I use the DAS I get headaches with a OG 1.0 Vive.

1 Like

Ah fair enough. Well I hope that Pimax respond and give some details for you. The only thing is that the MAS is likely to be a similar additional weight to the Vive DAS, so if that’s too heavy, I can’t see the MAS being significantly lighter. It’s likely to be made of similar density plastic, and not carbon fibre etc. The headsets themselves are lighter than OG Vives, as far as I know.

@PimaxQuorra can you please provide an answer for total weight of headset + MAS? While we’re here, is there a difference in weight between Artisan / 5k Super / 5k XR / 8k Plus / 8KX?

3 Likes

They were going to add some metal parts. However as a Vive Pro strap clone it likely weighs similar.

3 Likes

Hi Octofox,

Pardon us to get more exact value on the weight. We will give out the value by tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

Thank you @PimaxQuorra!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.