Lone Echo 2 = Extremely Poor Performance

Yeah I forgot it does supposedly work with oculus, just not on Pimax last I checked.

Interestingly I just checked LE1 for GPU usage and it’s stuck at 80% max as well. Hope this eventually gets fixed.

i had poor performance in LE1, it was because the game was running in windowed mode, in the games settings you can change it to run full screen, worth a look.

1 Like

You can fix the 80% gpu error by reverting to Pitool .263

1 Like

pitool right ?

this is in fact wrong.It also works with oculus but you have to set it to open xr which is supportet.
Dont worry no offense intendet.

1 Like

No offense taken! The issue is still listed in the github as not resolved so I assumed it wouldn’t work still. fholger and I had at one point discussed that he was giving up becuase Pimax used a set of old .dll libraries for the Oculus implementation and he didn’t have time or desire to sort it out - so if it works now with Oculus that’s wonderful!

1 Like

@DJSlanr Thanks for the tip. I can’t go back that far. 263 won’t detect my 8K-X. The oldest one, unfortunately for me, is v.272, where they introduced Stupid Smoothing instead of Smart Smoothing and thus made the feature totally useless. And no, Pimax, I’m not going to quit talking about that because you NEED TO FIX IT. It should have been fixed within days of initial release. You destroyed a functional feature and you haven’t bothered to fix it yet. I can’t be any clearer than that. It needs to be fixed!

1 Like

It’s odd. I have an 8KX and it recognizes fine with .263 and up. must be a firmware difference?

Probably a firmware difference. I would love to try v. 263, but it’s one of the revisions I don’t have and I would also be afraid it would flash my HMD with an unwanted firmware.

@hammerhead_gal @PimaxUSA A suggestion, OK, two suggestions: 1) Make all PiTool revisions easy to find so I can download and test them without searching the net for ages. 2) Make all firmware updates manual only; northing automatic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.