Let's talk about 'Pimax Day' here

Bla bla this was a stretch goal and the Pimax was always WideFOV

5 Likes

I think what we want most at this point is through the lens comparisons! Can’t wait!

I’m as disappointed as you, but please keep it civil here (I removed some of what you said from your post).

6 Likes

Ok… I try to not get outraged…

6 Likes

So same lens in the 8kx?
What about in/out adjustment slider of the lens?
The hmds still dont have this?

These are 2 things i really wanted to see which now make the 8kx unappealing to me especially at its overinflated price.

Pimax over promised with stretch goals , I thought everyone knew that

2 Likes

The improved housings are applied to the entire Vision range. Do not mix it up with RE though, which has an even more rigid construction made for arcades etc…

Its too early to speculate about an 4K OLED panel at this point :slight_smile:

The upgrade path is awesome I think, personally. That discount is really not a joke, and I think you might get surprised! :wink:

13 Likes

@PimaxUSA @Sweviver

Are there new lenses?

Is Dynamic distortion correction a planned feature for pitool using the eyetracking?

Why were the new controller design which look nothing like the controllers shown at CES not showcased?

120hz mode small fov a possibility for the 8K+/8kX?

1 Like

Kevin, please make sure when you put up that backer upgrade page, that everything can be ordered at that time by backers, upgrade HMD, hand tracking, 10m cable, face/head strap, etc. Don’t leave anything off, that way you will know demand up front for these items and we can get in the queue for them as they produced. I as well as others are not interested in just an HMD upgrade page, but rather one where we have options and can add on everything with our voucher/coupons, etc. Also why make a forum for asking for the cooling fans and prescription lenses, just offer it as an option on this same hmd upgrade page where you can say no or yes to each component and total it up at the end after all discounts/vouchers, etc?

6 Likes

Hehe you do realize you’re getting hopes up now? This sounds like a > $350 discount to me.

15 Likes

$500 minimum :wink: 20 chars

6 Likes

I look forward to the good news, I do wander what PIMAX does with all the trade-in hardware though.

Have you personally seen the difference with the 4k RGB stripe matrix?

1 Like

I backed the full package 8K and downgraded to 5K…if I switch to Valve controllers is there an extra cost and if so how much?

EU support center ???

5 Likes

Pimax simply do not understand sales rules , they asking now double $ but not going accomplish first delivery to backers as they promised. I don’t even need this DFR but they should give us option like for example free coupon or something else. This IMHO a “dark side” asking 200$ for something what was agreed on paper that is free for backers.

5 Likes

There’s no way to get improved housing on 5k+? Truly, the only issue with 5K+ is lack of OLED and housing issues, resolution is already very high and we need 4080Ti even for 5K+. But if 8KX offers true blacks and good housing… looking forward to upgrade path details :slight_smile:

There isn’t any trade in hardware, you keep it in the upgrade program, they are simply giving you a loyalty discount.

1 Like

Hi SweViver, thanks for the stream. Is the eye tracking fast enough for foveated rendering, and is it working in game engines?

1 Like

Just do the math :slight_smile:
Upgrade program discount + Sword discount $200 (if you chose that path) + any backer coupons which I believe most people have.

4 Likes

Is anyone able to respond to my previous post, id appreciate it :slight_smile: