Lens inserts with these or a later shipment?

I’m sure that most of the “accessories” that are supposed to be part of our “REwards” will be shipped later, but does that include the magnetic mount lens frames? As a glasses user, this is pretty important to me.
Anyone have any idea?

1 Like

I Don’t know about any contest to get awards:joy:

But the magnetic lens adapters were said to come with plain lenses to be fitted by your choice of prescription lenses as part of the kickstarter rewards. :beers::smirk::+1::sparkles:

3 Likes

Lol, edited. and 123

3 Likes

Besides shipping us the frames for prescription lenses, we need Pimax to send HMDs to the companies that make prescription lenses for VR devices. One company I contacted said they need an HMD in hand to produce their lenses. Not just the lens frame. They said they had ordered a Pimax but who knows when they’ll get it.

2 Likes

Interesting point. But I think they need the hmd more to design their own version. I know a few ppl here on the 4k made their own crude versions themselves with reading glasses. Til a user found one in the UK I think it was that had a lens adapter made for pimax. Where as VRlenslabs only tailored to rift & og vive at the time.

1 Like

One of the critical things to know is: What is the focal distance. Iirc, it is 2 meters. It would be nice to have that confirmed. @deletedpimaxrep1, can you please find out what the “focal distance” of the headset lenses is? Thank you.

@anon74848233

4 Likes

The focal distance of headset lenses is 38mm

5 Likes

Interesting. I’m quite nearsighted, so I might not have to wear glasses or use the prescription lens holder to use my headset. That would be great.

1 Like

I believe @anon74848233 did not understand the question. 38mm would put quite a strain on anyone wearing the headset. Try to read something at this distance.

1 Like

He ask me about “focal distance"or"focus distance” of lenses.Am i under stand right?

Or i didn’t understand the question?Waiting for your reply

2 Likes

“Focal distance” @neal_white_iii was asking about is the distance at which the human eye has to focus to see clear picture in the HMD. It is supposed to be 1.3 m in Oculus Rift CV1. I did not found convincing value for HTC Vive.

The idea of focal distance is that:

1. It should be in the comfortable distance for the eye (1m and more)
  2. It should be in “the comfort zone” for stereoscopic projection.
  3. The comfort zone “created” by this focal distance should accommodate the large part of 3D content usually displayed by the HMD.

The focal distance is important for the people who are nearsighted as some with very weak myopia might be able to use the HMD without the glasses. It is also important for the prescription insets makers so they could “tune” the prescription lenses.

2 Likes

To my knowledge (which means nothing), the focal distance for the Vive is 1.2m. But I sure wouldn’t put money on it.

1 Like

1.3 m might be usable for me without glasses. Otherwise, I will probably just use my “computer glasses”.

1 Like