Leap Motion sold rumor

Guys, have you seen this. I don’t know if it will have consequences for the hand tracking module.

1 Like

unfortunately, even if the leap motion is a great device, there is very few apps using it.
So for instance the value of having the hand tracking module is very limited.
i got 2 leap motion modules (the desktop ones) and i see on ebay lots of units stripped out of laptops, mostly HP Envy 17" (the same one, only in a smaller form factor).
So if you have a need for it now, just purchase one of these modules, 3dprint a plastic case and you are ready to go.

1 Like

The problem is that the Pimax hand tracking module which a lot of backers including me pledged for in the Kickstarter is using the latest version of Leap Motion I believe.

4 Likes

makes sense for apple as they are an AR only solution, no one wants to wear small/ thin AR glasses and bulky gloves or something like knuckes conrolles
AR needs to be aware of the surroundings and what the hands are doing, AR users can more likely live with hands not tracked when not in eye view (especially as long as AR has that “tiny” field of view)

The value of hand tracking for flight simmers is huge. The immersion from reaching out and flipping switches cant be understated. For some of us, Leap motion is important and them sitting on it, along with eye tracking and face foam, is extremely disappointing. I mean what they have shown so far seem to be complete so where are they? I mean the foam…surely that has to be complete? Why aren’t they shipping anything? I didnt back the controllers or the lighthouses so there development doesnt interest me, but everything else? Can Pimax only do one thing at once? Does shipping foam gaskets really take every single developer off the controllers? Or are they trying to ship everything at once? So I have to wait to q4 or later for stuff that seemingly is finished now because other things arent finished?

1 Like

Not a rumor anymore

1 Like