Latest Pitool 196 Beta crashes on startup

Same here, it does not work for me. :expressionless:

1 Like

120 is working on normal and big fov for me, incredible!
low brightness, very low, but it works, hope it can be fixed
I’ve seen an improvement on the distortions too

On 120 the world is stretched to the center, you can see it clearly with the initial logo, it’s not a circle like on 90Hz

4 Likes

Full fov :thinking: ?
( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉) please someone reupload the dang file!

1 Like

Uploaded to my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DHkqjKGNCex29X24gABsP3EHUocmmwgD/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Now it’s green like that (PP mode) :grin: :+1:

8K%20Green

1 Like

I just verified with “hmdq geom”:

Large FOV:

Total FOV:
horizontal: 132.40 deg
vertical: 116.20 deg
diagonal: 140.41 deg
overlap: 86.79 deg

Normal FOV:

Total FOV:
horizontal: 112.40 deg
diagonal: 119.85 deg

Small FOV:

Total FOV:
horizontal: 92.40 deg
diagonal: 111.77 deg

So in 120Hz mode FOV is 132.4 (large),112.4 (normal) and 92.4 (small) compared to 160 (large),140 (normal) and 120 (small) when using 64,72 and 90Hz?

EDIT Dec 18 2019: In PiTool 1.0.1.245 there’s no longer a “Large” FoV in 120Hz mode

These are the new FoV’s reported:

Normal FoV:

Total FOV:
horizontal: 131.25 deg
vertical: 102.70 deg
diagonal: 134.77 deg

Small FoV:

Total FOV:
horizontal: 111.25 deg
vertical: 102.70 deg
diagonal: 114.46 deg

4 Likes

Can anyone run steam vr on 196? or will we have to wait?

120hz is useless least now, narrow fov and really low brightness

1 Like

Yes, it works fine, but I’m using .197 linked above (worked in .196 too though).

Fix the backlight BRIGHTNESS! Oh my god. It’s so awful.

Large fov looks much bigger than 132, but it’s possible, did you use the VR tool to measure that?
I’m pretty sure the vr world its compressed

It works

only works on small for me.

on 197. Steamvr can’t find the headset.

I’m using .197 with 8K. So far I have not noticed global differences from the previous version, except for the chevron highlight.

The old sores remained in the same place, namely, the non-conservation of the frequency when it was selected and the headset was rebooted, it was necessary to restart several times from 80Hz to 72Hz to maintain the frequency of 72hz :japanese_goblin:

Another glitch was added, namely, the hands were messed up in places.
When you enter SteamVR, you have to physically change the controllers with each other :japanese_goblin::japanese_goblin:

the only thing they really need to fix is the backlight.

You have to hit “apply” in PiTool and restart SteamVR. That’s how I did the hmdq queries :wink:

Backlight is dark, but I just tried HellBlade and the colors/contrast actually looked better than normally, so it must be somewhere in between at least for dark games I guess… :smiley:

Not to me. That’s why I thought it didn’t work as it seemed to be narrower than on 90Hz “normal” which is also the case apparently (140(90Hz/normal)>132(120Hz/Large))… Very confusing stuff (once again) but I guess it really doesn’t matter much unless You switch between refresh-rates all the time (I don’t - i actually used 72Hz for a long time before this update was announced and started looking at 90Hz again)… :wink:

1 Like

Although darker I thought that the 120hz mode was a better picture almost as though the resolution was increased , also the sde was less visible ( maybe because it’s a bit darker )
i tried back light on high and brightness/ contrast turned up too

A definite positive bonus for 5K+

We’ll fix this tomorrow, and we’ve actually sent the right word (Aquamarine) to the developer. However, it seems they didn’t seem to be updated in time. Thank you.

1 Like

Are red, purple and no light chevron modes not possible or reserved for oleds? (reserved is not a bad idea for product differentiation, maybe not reserved but make each HMD have its own distinguising default chevron color)