KAT loco Kickstarter coming in June (Works on the Pimax)

Hackaday has some nice projects that look nice & some req no LHes.

1 Like

I have just received my 2 backer’s orders of katloco!

https://download.karvr.com/support/kat_loco_om.pdf

7 Likes

Waiting for mine.

Tell us what you think about it :wink:

2 Likes

You got one of the first batch of KAT loco !!
I’m backer #820 / 1379 backers. Waiting for mine too.
Preas tell us your impressions.
]

3 Likes

How much is the KAT loco if I wanted to buy one?

1 Like

Nice. Early 100’s waiting… :wink::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I don’t think there’s a retail price yet?

Here’s their product page:

https://www.katvr.com/products/kat-loco

EDIT: D’OH! It’s says 199.00 USD when linking to the page… :grin:

2 Likes

Not sure backer number atm. But received email this week to pay shipping.

1 Like

I got that the 24th if October… :+1:

The backer number can be found when logged in on Kickstarter at the project page but You probably know that by now… :grin:

2 Likes

Then guessing you should receive soon. Yeah but lazy atm. Lol

I was one up from super early bird ay was it $99? Bs $79

1 Like

Jup. I paid $79… :wink:

1 Like

… and $35 for (“express”) delivery… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Mine was $55 but that’s 2 units

So unit size may be $100? :woozy_face::crazy_face::thinking::astonished::grin:

2 Likes

Fixed lol 20 extra char

1 Like

I was able to briefly test “sky rim”. Both roomscale and walking in place to walk/run in game works. It works same as walkovr. I was not able to test yet the moving sideways and backwards and the cruise feature.

I am hoping that the more people get the device, the more will keep asking to implement the other features that for now are not active. It seems only the vr function is working . No keyboard mode and for ps compatibility, only 2 games are compatible.

What in the specific anyone would like to know about the device?

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Marco :+1:

1 Like

Hey Marco congrats! Did they include the info for using the extra sensors on just 1 unit?

1 Like

Thanks!

There is no mention at all of the use of the extra sensors. I even believe that the feature is not even yet developed. I do not see any mention in the online manual and in the software, same as it is for the keyboard/gampad modes. All in developing features, I believe. I will ask to the support line is active for who received the unit. I think they are off today, because I have asked info how to move sideways and backwards because I am not able to do it. I tested fallout vr also today. I can walk accross my room in roomscale mode and run in place to run in game and I can also use the cruise mode, but I can not go sideways and backwards

2 Likes

Indeed being the weekend are likely off until monday. I just recalled they had said instructions for using extra sensors would be included. Does make sense there still working on many things. Nice though to see this KS & WalkOVR have only missed target by is it 3 or 4 months? To gear up for shipping. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like