It’s 8KX@OpenMR Contest Winners Announcement

It’s 8KX@OpenMR Contest Winners Announcement

Hello community,

It’s 8KX!@OpenMR contest started from late September 2020 on OpenMR for Pimax 8K X owners has now officially closed. Thank you for all the 8K X owners that have engaged in the contest and that have shared their personal stories with the community. With the context of Covid-19, physical connections crossing borders is even more difficult than it used to be, yet there’s still bonds on the virtual nets that feels real. It was hilarious to read one’s romance story with all sort of HMD chicks; touching to be told what a helpful role Virtual Reality has played in some families; educational to know how much of possibility VR can offer when being implemented outside gaming and astonishing to learn how next-level the geeks in our community can reach…

Thank you for all the creations!

Here come our top 3 OpenMR-voted winners of It’s 8KX!@OpenMR contest.

Alpha Prize: @simracer :de:

Article: How the Pimax Vision 8KX can Optimize Your Racing Skills

Alpha awards:

-Colorful® RTX 3090 *1

-Optical fiber cable *1

-It’s 8KX!@OpenMR exclusive souvenir *1

Message of Acceptance:

I’m a motor-sport engineer. With being trackside and talking to the drivers a lot, I wanted to get used to the inside-car-feeling. Therefore I asked my university to write my own thesis topic about the information intake of racing drivers. This required the need of a VR headset which was also the beginning of my VR love. With getting the Pimax 8KX, a new chapter of VR started for me. Now I can feel the car and the speed much better by using the Pimax. It’s the best equipment to get used to new tracks and to train young drivers.

Beta Prize: @Century :ru:

Article:8KX overview. Through the lenses: 8KX vs Pimax 8K, 4K and Quest 2

Beta awards:

-Hand-tracking module *1

-Eye-tracking module *1

-Optical fiber cable *1

Message of Acceptance:

I’ve been enjoying VR since 2016.

My acquaintance began with Cardboard (BoboVRz4 with phone). It was extraordinary, but I wanted improvement. The next step was Pimax 4K. It was “wow” at the time. But he did not have his own tracking, unfortunately, the FOV was small.

Then I tried different options: from Oculus to WMR-headsets, they all had a small field ofview, unfortunately.

Back to 2017, I learned about Pimax 8K with wide FOV and took part in the Kickstarter.

It was a long wait time, but in the end I was finally satisfied with the FOV value, I only lacked a slightly higher resolution.

Now with 8KX, I got the highest resolution and the most immersive VR experience.

Despite all the difficulties, I am grateful to Pimax for giving us the widest FOV and the highest resolution in the form of 8KX.

Beta Prize: @neal_white_iii :us:

Article:Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your 8KX

Beta awards:

-Hand-tracking module *1

-Eye-tracking module *1

-Optical fiber cable *1

Message of Acceptance:

I’m a computer programmer and longtime PC gamer. My first VR headset was an 8K, which I bought specifically to play Elite Dangerous. I later upgraded to my second headset, a Pimax 8KX, which I really like. I’ve also played Half-Life: Alyx and Assetto Corsa, but not much else (yet).

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all the contestants and voters!

To check other voting results, please kindly check here.

More event schedule & prizes at here.

Best Regards,

Pimax team on OpenMR

13 Likes