Issues launching ED from PVRE

I originally developed that HUD color scheme for my 8K. Part of the reason I desaturated the orange (by adding some blue to the mix) was to improve the readability of the small HUD text on the 8K’s “rainbow” subpixel grid. I tried using green (and other colors) and this was my personal favorite for my 8K.

FYI, I’ve been playing ED for years. Just last week I completed one of my game goals: I’ve now flown over 1 million lightyears in ED.

Feel free to ask me about ED, if you have any questions.

Also, here’s a link to Obsidian Ant’s YouTube channel, which has lots of ED content. I’ve specifically linked his “Getting Started on a Playstation” video series. Nearly all of this info applies to the PC, so you should find it useful. Also, be sure to watch some his other ED videos. This channel convinced me to try ED (years ago) and also to join Patreon, so I could donate to support his channel. Obviously, he’s highly recommended! :slight_smile:

PlayStation 4 - Elite Dangerous - YouTube

1 Like

btw enabling ffr conservative made a huge difference in performance. stations were smooth and not juddery. someone told me ffr wasnt supported, but it was working fine. so thats pretty cool.

I’ve also seen reports of FFR not working properly in ED, but it always worked for me. I just found the low-res borders to be too distracting, so I switched to using Small FOV.

Using both makes it redic smooth. Small FOV with conservative FFR. Gonna try upping the SS or something to make text even better if possible.

1 Like