Is Motion compensation working with Pimax ? (Yes, use Pitool 180)

I know I’m probably asking for the earth but I would like to know if the open Vr emulator that I use with my Vive Pro will work with the Pimax 8k.
I need to use this as I race with a motion rig, right now I have it perfect with the Vive Pro, it runs through steam,
Can anyone advise if it will work or not?

1 Like

Should work as both are Steamvr Icompatible headsets. But will need to have folks like youself test.

4 Likes

I will try and update forum on how and if it works.
I do hope so.
Must wait as I’m 8k backer, 2230. Hopefully this month or next

1 Like

As heliosurge said, I see no reason why not, it would be the tracked by the same systems and result in the same telemetry as a vive headset with same accuracy and that can cancel out motion/input from a tracker, so why wouldn’t the pimax?

2 Likes

so why wouldn’t the vive? The Vive does.

Could you say a bit more about that open Vr emulator, using motion rig too 2dof only atm but could be interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like
6 Likes
3 Likes

As I’m assembling my SFX100 Motion Sim right now, it would be very appreciated to know which motion compensation you use right now.

I only found a link in a german simracing forum to Githup, but it seems like the software isn’t supported/working no more…

edit: ok, perhaps I should have looked up your links and posts, before I was asking… but still, the software from Github works? The comments on Github were confusing to me…

1 Like

Yes it works, sometimes you get some errors but if you uninstall and reinstall.
Sometimes opting in and out of Steam vr Beta helps it work when you get an error.
Also sometimes switching off the vive pro and switching on again can also help.
Sometimes it will run for 3 months with no problems, normally plays up after a update.
For me it works great, when you get an issue you must find your way to fix it.

2 Likes

I meant to say the pimax

We use this on our motion sims with Vive. A steam change in November stopped it working but a patch was created, you have to change a dll file. When I eventually get my 8K, this will be going on one. I see no reason why it won’t work. It can be a bit difficult to get it working consistently though!

3 Likes

Does this still work? As @MarcoBalletta was looking to emulate vive wands.

1 Like

Did this fix it for wand emulation? Read something patch was temporary til end of January but dev is said to have stopped development due to I believe Valve breaking it.

1 Like

Not sure about wand emulation, we only use it for tracker motion. It wasn’t Matzmann who wrote the patch. I have the link somewhere, I’ll try to find it.

1 Like

This is working fine with the pro, I’m using it now and racing everyday

2 Likes

Yes . Thank you for bringing it up!

I am trying to find a software/driver solution to substitute the vive buttons with the captogloves but someone told me that the open vr driver does not work anymore for wands emulation

1 Like

It was supposed to have a fix until the 29th of Jan for the dev but word was the dev dropped development over vakve breaking his project.

In theory valve was supposed to be adding their own flavor. But not sure how far they got. I think @evol was one that might have first posted openvr input & might know something.

1 Like

It arrived today. 8k v2
Set up no problem with the 4 2.0 Base stations, tracking fine, picture fine although I didn’t fine tune it.
FOV amazing, Run on pretty much what ever setting I choose with the 2080TI.

But Unfortunately right now it will not work with Motion compensation, I tried everything I know spent all day trying.
Every little trick, tried to cheat it to working but no such luck. I even begged it to work,

So back to the (Vive Pro) drawing board on that one.

Cant make out right now if its PI tool, or headset… I will endeavour to work it out in week 13.

Sorry for the bad news.

3 Likes

Congrats Is the motion compensation for a sim rig?

@anon74848233 add to earlybackers

1 Like