Is it pimax new policy to offer $100 coupon to accept cracked case?

have recently had an offer on a supen to accept a cracked case in return for a $100 coupon.

• is this pimax official policy?
  • what would happen to warranty for any other issue, ie the whole front snaps off or something?

@PimaxUSA can you clarify? thanks!

Capture

3 Likes

If it is policy, it’s an inconsistent one. I was only advised to RMA for my cracked case.

Not a bad idea though, depending on how it affects additional coverage. If the cracking becomes unacceptable, what then?

5 Likes

That of course becomes the Question. If you accept the $100; if the crack becomes unacceptable during the warranty period is it covered? If the recipient accepts & applies their own fix; is the headset still covered for other Warrenty issues?

I think it is just a method being offered if Crack is more cosmetic. But clarity on what it would mean needs clarification on what happens if accepted.

3 Likes

Yeah but but there’s not a lot we can do with another $100 voucher . I think this makes Pimax look very unprofessional .

2 Likes

Really depends actually. Wireless Module pricr on release. Saving the it for pending accesories purchase (ie 10m cable etc…) A 2nd headset.

Now is it a carrot? Yes.

2 Likes

And as just you said what if you take the $100 then the cracks get worse and start to affect the performance of the headset . Where do you stand with warranty then ?

1 Like

That is the question that needs answering.

@anon74848233 @Alan.sun

1 Like

Not to mention, he said a $100 coupon, but not what for. Could be Blockbuster Video. lol.

2 Likes

Hope not! You’d need a Dolorien to cash it on. :beers::joy::+1::sparkles:

2 Likes

This sounds like the casing quality issue has not been completely eliminated and could be a bigger problem than just the initial batch.

2 Likes