Is it 200 degrees horizontal?

Oh is it? Rally’s?

Missed that one

1 Like

I could not have said it better. Thank you @greymane

3 Likes

Well said… common sense seems to be a scarce and rare commodity nowadays… :wink: @greymane

3 Likes

FYI the closed beta phase has not ended yet, as some ppl seems to believe that.

1 Like

Doc_ok might be one to ask along with pimax.

1 Like

I think only maybe that rough Panasonic headset could have the better FoV due to using 4 fused displays & 4 fused optics.

I think i have missed something. Who was complaining in this thread? I was only interested in the exact horizontal field of view. For example I would be happy with a fov of 185° because it would raise the pixel per degree count. Tons of exitement because someone is asking for exact technical specs. Some people are a little bit confused. But greymane you are my hero in running into open doors at the completley wrong spot.

1 Like

Here is an awesome Article from Doc_ok

2 Likes

Lol, well part of my ire was raised due to a posting on Reddit at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pimax/comments/8v42lf/its_time_for_pimax_to_apologise_over_the_fov/

I ended up reading this thread after that one and thought it was going to go the same path so I probably jumped the gun a bit…but knowing this forum, I am confident it would have landed in the same spot! This really wasn’t aimed at you due to the 185 degree reference…sorry if it came off that way.

5 Likes

From looking over the Doc_ok article it could be 200° dependent on the individual.

1 Like

@Heliosurge
thanks for the link, i am very interested in such things.

@greymane
I know what you mean, there are tons of “pimax is lying screaming necks” in the internet. Like I said I would be happy if its a little bit less than 200° because of the higher ppd. I was only interested in the exact value because it must be possible to calculate it as a result of aspect ratio and the known diagonale. Sadly my english isnt good enough to formulate it in the right way…

1 Like

Who cares of it’s exactly 200 degrees or not LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE LENSES!

Reddit is a very weird place tbh. Never seen so much haters in one single place before…

8 Likes

Is it ending soon thguh? I won’t lie, that email made it seem like things were wrapping up w/the beta

1 Like

Actually r/vive has mostly positive comments saying they want it to succeed. But, when pimax 8k was starting, r/oculus was soooo bad…everyone was calling it a scam and that their beloved John carmack said not possible to have FOV that big and stuff and etc…barely seen any 8k posted on that sub ever since. It’s like they’re fine with mediocrity lol, idiots… well, let them enjoy their vastly inferior 100 FOV and low res headsets while we enjoy the pimax.

10 Likes

I think you’ve missed intent completely here and had a rant at people for nothing thus creating the only source of negativity in this thread.

We just want to know some facts, not complain or get pitchforks out. I’ve already stated I see the benefit if reduced.

Some of us would like to know if the FOV is measured horizontal or diagonal. Pimax have told us its horizontal and I’ve been happy knowing this all along but since @SweViver has now stated that it’s diagonal and thrown this question back in the air.

So as a backer I would personally like to know and if you don’t care then I feel its none of your business why I would care and want to ask.

One example of curiosity I have is if Pimax are actually measuring diagonal then when Pimax are stating they are offering 200/170 options on FOV, does that mean they are also reducing vertical resolution along with horizontal? I know all this will be found out in due course but are we not allowed to ask the question now?

4 Likes

Yes, spamenigma, what you describe was obviously the intention…only asking for detailed information so we are able to extrapolate to other facts withs simple maths, for example ppd (pixel per degree). Little bit toxic here

2 Likes

So I went reddit.com/r/pimax expecting it to be the best in terms of positivity and people having “smart” conversations. NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN TO THAT SHITHOLE. Seriously. Everyone complaining about the most stupidest things. Didn’t see ONE grateful guy in the new big update thread. And the second thread was about Someone complaining that pimax misinformed them about 200 being diagonal instead of horizontal. “Oh no, so it’s actually 10-15 degrees less than what we thought? pimax are liars!!1!!1!1” so they’re upset for a few degrees loss instead of being happy that pimax are literally the only ones making a headset with a HUGEEE (almost human like) FOV? breaking and leading the industry with it? I cba anymore with reddit

sorry for the rant lol but it feels nice knowing people here will understand where I’m coming from.

4 Likes

I didn’t question why anyone asked. But if you are expecting an official answer, I think you are going to be waiting until you you can calculate it yourself when you get your own headset and I am free to think that. Further, it doesn’t undercut the point of my post.

Yeah I know they have some users there that have made us look like humanitarians. But there are some good folk there. Just usually the rotten apples stand out due to… :beers::flushed::+1::sparkles:

The Discord channel though is very chill. :snowflake:

3 Likes