Image Tearing but only on the left Display with 90Hz **now with Video**

I received my headset today and I have this exact same problem with the left display. My GPU is an MSI 1080TI Gaming X. Did you receive the replacement headset ?

1 Like

Not yet. Mine arrived Pimax yesterday, so i guess i will get my replacement, end of this week up to the middle of the next week. I keep this Thread updated as soon as i have it :slight_smile:

Here are 2 videos of my unit.

We can see 3 problems :

1. The dots flickering like snow . ( easier to see on black background. )

2. The tearing image (on left eye display only and at 90hertz)

3. The image goes black screen for a second once in a while randomly and come back to normal.

1 Like

I also have the 1 pixel center screen horizontal tear but in the right panel. I’m afraid RMA’ing and get a new one the same problem will occur.

1 Like

I received my second headset today and this one seem to function just fine.

I will finally start to explore the simracing world with a Pimax on Assetto Corsa.

No more tearing image and no snow pixel to date.

BUT…

I havent been refund yet for the 60$ I engaged to reship myself the defect headset to their warehouse in California. ( They have pictures of the receipt.) I’ve been told Monday that it should be done this week. One more day left and pretty sure it wont happen.

When I shipped the defect headset, they asked me to declare a 0$ value and wrote defect unit return onto the paper to avoid them extra fees and cost when it arrive in San Jose and I did.

I asked Pimax to do the same for me for the replacement unit to avoid myself to pay a second customs and tax fees within 2-3 weeks for the same product twice. He agree to that.

Guess what happen today ? I had to pay DHL another 39$ to take delivery of the package because it was indicate on the paper the unit had a value of 104$ Canadian just like the first headset. The package have been ship just like a regular order and no where it was said on the paper that it was a replacement unit under warranty at zero cost.

I must now ask Pimax to reimburse and refund myself 98-99$ for those extra fees engaged because of their faulty brand new unit that I got at first.

I dont think it is over exagerate to ask them to assume those cost regardless all the hassle I had.

2 Likes

Sad to hear, but stay strong. Usually, they pay the bills, sometimes you have just to remember them multiple times. At least this is what I encountered so far.

P.s.: My new Headset is still on DPDs Storage and for whatever reason, they don’t send it out for 5 days … Pimax had now to get into contact with DPD to find out whats the reason … oh boy, I have the feeling this will take very long before I finally get it.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a
DPD ?

DPD is a delivery company similar to DHL

I also have the same issue with the right display :frowning: opened a ticket and referenced post thanks for the detailed attempts to fix.

2 Likes

My package is now even send back by DPD to the sender… and Pimax isn’t answering me either. If you want to read the whole story, check this: https://community.openmr.ai/t/do-you-need-pimax-support-regarding-your-supen-ticket-i-might-help-you/20090/78?u=theholyone

The team is looking at this at the moment, let me get back to you shortly when I have some news to share! Sorry to hear about your struggles :frowning:

On my side, after 2 weeks, I have been fully reimburse for the shipping fees engaged to ship the brand new defect headset to California and also for the second invoice for taxs and duty fees that I also had to pay for the replacement unit that I got.

It took some times guys but if you follow your case closely and send them email again and again with good proofs and evidence the job should be done. They are a bit slower then what we would expect of course but they arent thief.

I am finally happy it is over and I can now start to enjoy my Pimax headset one month + after I initialy placed the order.

I just hope my unit is going to be reliable for at least 2-3 years to come because at that price you dont want to have to rebuy a new headset every year.

For now I only use it for simracing with Assetto Corsa and I will keep my oculus rift S to play other game with the remote control.

I must admit the image clarity with the Oculus Rift S at 1.7 SS is a little bit better superior to the Pimax 5K+ at 1.25SS Pitool + 78% SS Steam VR. I did some test to read some sign on the side of the track at distance and the rift S is impressive even if on paper the resolution is not a big improvement. The pimax
is all about the FOV now and not about image clarity anymore.

2 Likes

I received my Pimax 5k+ yesterday and tested it thoroughly.
And Yeah! The Tearing is gone.

This Ticket can be now closed

P.s.: I am using the latest Nvidia (431.60) and latest Pimax Beta PiTools (V1.0.1.180.Beta). The Pimax 5k has the Firmaware (V2.1.255.220) In case someone wants to know.

4 Likes