Image and hand shake in game

hello,

For the past few days, the in-game image and hands are shaking when tracked by the base station.
I first thought it was the base station, but the other station does the exact same thing.
So it’s definitely a software problem.

maybe the latest version of steamVR ?

Have you had this kind of problem ?

Thanks.

No, it’s been fine.

You can’t rule out hardware problems or some other kind of problem just based on that. It can be a cable problem or some sort of USB problem for instance.

Or it could be environmental. It could be the time of the year, season, plus having your window open, for instance. The sun can cause problems for tracking.

It can also be IR reflective surfaces in the room.

Incidently I had one of my occasional giving the 8kX another chance just yesterday, and just like last time, what ultimately made me give up, was the shaky manner in which the image catches up when looking around, unless there is almost nothing on screen, or render resolution is dumped way down. -Fortunately I am not epileptic.

If both PiTool and PimaxExperience hadn’t assured me motion smoothing is off, I would have assumed it is what is acting up, because I am pretty sure I am seeing frames with ghosting in them (as opposed to ghosting from two frames from different times being shown in quick succession).

Back to the Index, which gives me no such problems with everything else the same, and similar render resolutions.

HAGS deactivated? @jojon

1 Like

Ha…???

“Macbeth shall never vanquished be until Great Birnam wood to high Dunsinane Hill Shall come against him.”

googles … Aaaaaaaah!.. turns out it’s on - I thought I had trounced all of Microsoft’s meddling before, but now I find every bloody thing back on…

So… Off is preferred? …or on?

Is it specifically known to interfere with this in particular, and do we know why and how?

…I’ll just reboot now, and give it a go without, I guess… :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

off is the right way

1 Like

Yup, that seems to have done it, mostly.

I am also yet, today, to see any of my hard drives disappear, as I have previously (including the other day) done with Pimax’s software running, but I should probably not count my chickens before they hatch… :7

Now I’ll just need to try to deal with the optics…

3 Likes

Hello,

Which Pitool and Firmware you have installed?

Can you post the setup and headset model here?

Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.