IL-2 Sturmovik and Pimax 8K X - Graphics Settings and help needed

Hi Guys!

I reinstalled il-2 on my drive after a fresh install a few months ago but lost a bunch of my settings.

Can anyone recommend graphics settings for IL-2 Sturmovik for the Pimax 8K X.

also, I downloaded the VREM mod here: [MOD] VREM : VR enhancer - Mods - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum but it’s a bit confusing. I’m trying to run it with PP Off to gain as much fps as I can and the canted lenses still cause an issue with the zoom not converging. I know I have to set it somehow in the settings, but what’s the process to get it so it matches up when I’m in Zoom Low and Zoom High? (i dont bother using Mid Zoom).

Any help would be appreciated

PC Specs: 9900KS/3090/32gb@4000/m.2 using the Pimax 8K X

1 Like

You dont need to converting zoom with VREM mod. IL2 is supporting “zoom” convergence in game without need for “PP on” since latest patch.
I’m using VREM only for better colors and saturation adjustment but some well know MP servers will not pass you with this mod.

PT Colors:
Blue: Sat +3 , Brightnes -3
Red : +2 , -2
Green +2 ,-2
Backlight 70 %

Note: that in my case FFR conservative is working OK but for most ppl dont.

User_var_initialization.ini : (VREM file)

[ResourceColorChange]
type = StructuredBuffer
array = 1
data = R32_FLOAT +0.05 +1.00 +0.75 +0.00 +1.0 +0.75 +0.07 +1.00 +0.50 +0.10 +1.00 +0.50 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00
; ^Cockpit 1 ^|^External 1 ^|^Cockpit 2 ^|^External 2 ^|^Cockpit 3 ^|^External 3 ^
; Add Mul Sat Add Mul Sat Add Mul Sat Add Mul Sat par1 par2 par3 par1 par2 par3
; New color.RGB = oldColor.RGB*(Mul,Mul,Mul) + RGB(Add,Add, Add) + Sat.RGB

2 Likes

When i zoomed in it still didnt look like it was converged correctly. Is there any way i can fix it?

I don’t know. For me “zoom” is working exacctly in the same way like in other HMDs ( some geometry issues during zoom but convergence is fine)

The funny part was that the zoom ALMOST looked converged last time I used it over the weekend, but it wasn’t right. Is there an IPD adjustment in game somewhere that im missing? Maybe it’s misaligned just slightly. Are you using the 8k x with it yourself?

1 Like

I would try to uninstall VREM and bind keys/buttons in game settings for zoom levels once again. Yes I’m using 8kx and yes there is IPD adjustment in game.

I’m going to try that. Where is the IPD adjustment?

search in game bindings

Aha gotcha. Ok thank you. Thats probably whats wrong

Hi Jeffries,

Have your problem:1L-2 Sturmovik and Pimax 8K X-Graphics Settings been solved?
If not , you can make a ticket for help in helpdes.

Apple

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.