If a pimax 8k backers decides to switch to 5k plus, will it take longer to receive their hmd?

If a pimax 8k backers decides to switch to 5k plus, will it take longer to receive their hmd?

No, they said this in the interview video with sebastian and robin weng, that all backers of the 5k would instead be receiving a 5k+, and then near the end they noted that they would be shipping the 5k+ and the 8K around the end of September, and all backers will have then by December. At least, 90% sure ; ^).

2 Likes

Yes, but if you have backer no 500 for example for the 8K, and then Change to 5k+
Will i then have the same backer no?
December vs oktober ? …

That is up to how pimax decides to implement this “switching” solution, if they are smart then it will be a no, if they choose to rely on kickstarter then it may be a yes, but I think pimax is smart enough to get one last survey and edit the orders on their end, rather than use kickstarter to track all these last-minute changes.

Not sure if this helps, but I original backed the 8K and then switched a few days later to 5K deluxe. My backer number stayed the same. But this was while the campaign was active.