I want to order 8K X ASAP but i'm afraid!

I’d just be happy to see anybody receive an 8kx so we know shipping is at least starting .

4 Likes

Pimax never stated that backers that didnt back the 8kx will get it before preorder. That is plain wrong and should be corrected.

This isn’t the first time this has been mentioned by Pimax. However, the original announcement wasn’t very clear, imo. That’s why I asked about it. For me, it would mean I’d get my 8KX about a month sooner.

3 Likes

They should have made it more clear instead of taking people money. Half the preorders rushed to be first in line only to find out that some backer who decided to order 3 months later will get it before them.

1 Like

Unfortunately, when has Pimax ever been clear? They should have done a lot of things differently. Honestly, I was a bit surprised (but pleased) to hear that the 8KX shipping order wasn’t sequential by date (like I assumed).

As a backer, that’s a nice (but unexpected) perk. But for early non-backer preorders, it sure sucks.

On the other hand, the later 8KX units will likely have less problems than the initial units.

2 Likes

I’m backer/upgrade and I would not mind if preorders/upgrades went by the date (original 8kX backers should go first). But those are separate queues and maybe there would be problem sorting it out.

And getting one too early is not necessarily good. We know how Pimax early batches go and it is no thing of the past as we see it also with Artisan (cracks because early batch coating was done manually).

6 Likes

Valid argument you bought to the table. If I got the 5k+ with the black dots I would have been pissed. Maybe it good not getting it first.

2 Likes

The simple truth :pimax_logo_png: said long ago backers would get special treatment and would be a priority.

But as @Axacuatl said in all likelihood much like how backers were supposed to receive before pre orders and didn’t happen as you know.

Since There was a backer portal and “previous” owner purchase. If :pimax_logo_png: chooses to honor Backers first then folks should just respect it if it happens on the 8kX.

As it hasn’t happened with index Packages, Lighthouses. And while not promised didn’t happen with 8k+.

More likely it will ship by region maybe after the 400.

2 Likes

A lot of Backers felt the same after waiting longer than Pre Orders on the 5k+ & 8k. Then seeing pre orders receive before them.

Tbh I think ppl are getting over hyped before anything actually is happening

4 Likes

Hello Octofox,

Our priority will got the original backers.
Then the KS backers and pre-orders, we are arranging both of these customers will receive their package at the same time. Somehow, this will decide by our logistic team, mostly will be ship out according to the order number.

Somehow, we will try our best to fulfil both parties. Hope you understand this sir.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

10 Likes

Hello Lloyd709 @john2910

For the 8KX, you may need to check this.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

5 Likes

There new customers preordering with no knowledge about this. They need to put a big red alert before people press the buy button. It clearly hidden and dont see it no where when I try to buy an 8kx.

One could say the same with 5k+ & 8k pre order packaging about potential delays before opening pre orders.

Imho it’s shouldn’t be looked at as a big deal. Honestly :pimax_logo_png: should have only advertised first 400 backers and just shipped how they were planning to. Then no drama on who receives first.

While not enque do think it is good if they do honor Backer’s pre orders as many backers did not receive before pre orders.

However it is likely this will mirror last attempt.

I should receive Hand Tracking and MAS as other Backers should before any Pre Orders. But I am not concerned about this detail.

I am concerned on Pimax Nonsense Sword and Sword Sense controllers and my other stretch goals like Face Foam, Fans, Prescription frames and 3 peices of content.

All of these items are low cost and simple to make and should have been released long ago.

Also concerned that Backers’ MAS was clearly advertised as having Headphones by pic and word detail and now trying to sell a poorman’s off above ear solution vs BMR index off ear. Which will be interesting as Backer headstrap is 100% clear. Standard MAS does not fit.

9 Likes

Hello @PimaxQuorra thanks for the update. Understood and fingers crossed hopefully everyone receives the packages around the same time then :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’ll be a complete mix. Even preorders got theirs months before I got my KS HMD, so nothing will surpise me.
And there’s this: how many backers “upgraded”? I bet it’s 500-1000, which won’t be many days of production. Shipping will be in batches of more than a few days worth of production. So in the end it won’t make any difference at all. The statement that KS upgrades go before preorders is just a way to calm the old enemies, the backers, down.

1 Like

Yes, backers asking questions about delays are now “trolls” according to board members at Pimax.

5 Likes

Huh, what is this about ? Did I miss something ?

2 Likes

1 board member. Shouldn’t penalize them all due to the actions of 1.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.