I think "Flyinside" is the perfect program to show Pimax's potential

I’ve noticed DCS being talked about a lot here but I’d also like to to introduce people here to “Flyinside”. So, Flyinside is a third party program that enables VR support in a bunch of Flight Sims. (FSX, Prepar3D, and X-Plane) It adds a ton of features like display menus optimized for VR, virtual chart holders and navigation menus, but the most interesting is it enables leapmotion support for cockpit interaction. The Pimax 8k plus the leapmotion module is the PERFECT partner to this setup with the increased resolution and FOV plus the built in leapmotion support. I wanted to tune in the folks here to the program because it doesn’t seem to be well known.

Here is a link- https://flyinside-fsx.com/

my apologies if this isn’t allowed.

2 Likes

It runs pretty bad, though, compared to just about anything else in VR.

I have Flyinside, FSX and a Leap Motion now. I gave this setup a couple of goes but accepted it just doesn’t work that well. It’s nice to see how the Leap Motion could be used, but even with it I had to use the mouse pointer/keys more than half the time. I have a i7 7700k@4.9GHz, gtx1080@2050MHz, but it couldn’t hold a good FPS in the Vive. Admittedly I haven’t revisited it since…

I think they would be better served sticking with officially VR supported games. It’s better to target the whole/larger market - than a single game that has no official VR support, but there’s a 3rd party patch.

That said, as it’s one of the very few things that can use Leap Motion in a game, they should definitely include it in their demo process if they have it running well enough

[edit: Actually I think I was running it with Xplane11 - will have to check when Im home, pre-apology if I got the games wrong)

1 Like