I received a new 5k today but there was a problem. Repeated connections and disconnections

https://youtu.be/rmYL9GBsRDg

The included cable was bad and the problem was resolved after replacing with another cable.

5 Likes

Chinese trash!! What’s happening to their QA???

2 Likes

Maybe Qc team used the only 1 cable that was already connected.

3 Likes

No different than any other company I assure you.

Having worked in food manufacturing I have seen recalls due to a batch being released. Now this is where absolute 0 should escape a facility…

We have all seen Ecoli & other bad food releases.

4 Likes

I got 5k three months ago and a new 5k yesterday. Although there was a problem with the cables, I was very satisfied with the clean and clear lens and could feel the pimax team working hard for better quality.

3 Likes

My Vive started to play up after 18 months, HTC never resolved the issue. My Rift was replaced twice during the 3 years of service, and just started to play up a couple of days ago, I need to go through the protocols and log a support ticket with them. At least Oculus in the past was pretty responsive and helpful in its support, unlike HTC.

So there is nobody who could really throw the first stone, if I may say so…

2 Likes

I’d much rather deal with Pimax than a large organisation such as HTC. Their QC may well not be perfect but they’re doing a good job of sending out replacements even without having to send back the f@@cked one first. Good job Pimax.

3 Likes

connect and disconnect, sometime it caused by firmware.

2 Likes