I realy hope the pimax chrystal and 12k gets a better mic and not the same old one,and i hope they improve the DMAS alot so that its on the same level or better als the valve index

I realy hope the pimax chrystal and 12k gets a better improved mic and not the same old one as the pimax 8kx,and i hope they improve the DMAS alot so that its on the same level or better als the valve index…

We will see …Audio is also very important…

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more about the mic. It definitely needs to be improved.

I think for the DMAS there is hope already as the hardware is actually very good and with decent software post processing on PC right now it can sound great. Considering the AIO aspect, this should make it much easier for them to tune the DMAS properly out of the box. Hopefully we’ll get options to tweak it ourselves or even that it’s open enough that we can install an APK ourselves to run in the background and control the audio to our liking.

But yeah, considering we can’t easily switch the audio solution due to the battery being in the strap etc, it’s crucial that they nail it. I think it will be much easier than dealing with windows though. And yeah, really hope the mic is a big improvement.

1 Like

i have a feeling it uses the same mics,so they could use some parts from the pimax trade in on the pimax 12k…

The specification of the microphones from the presentation implied different hardware entirely but you could be right. Look at HTC with the Vive Pro 2 still having thay god awful mic ha. Although I don’t know if they really ever marketed it as being an upgrade at any point.

Impossible. It would cost much more to scavenge parts like that from old 8KXs than to just buy new parts. There is no way that the 8KX trade in is in any way because they want to scavenge any of the parts for 12K production. Not a chance.

2 Likes

O okay,but i bet they use the same mics again as their old pimax headsets

That is possible.

However, even if they use the same mics, the audio quality is likely to be very different. Even with the existing mics on the 8KX, software is able to produce quite a dramatic quality improvement. Pimax indicated during the MRTV interview that they are, in fact, doing that for the 12K.

That said, my own work with the DMAS suggests that the speakers themselves are actually very good quality. But the microphones not so much. Even with professional help adjusting them, the microphones could not achieve quality that rivaled Valve Index or Antlion Modmic.

The issue was a bad noise floor. So it might not actually be in the microphones themselves, but rather the preamps. I think the 12K almost certainly has a different amp section than the 8KX, so it’s possible they might use the same microphones, yet get much better results from them.

Either way, I agree with the hope that the microphones on the 12K will perform much better than the 8KX. However that is accomplished.

2 Likes