I have now decided to totaly stop asking pimax for replacement or any support

Today i got the 5kXR after many many months.

The plan was when i recieve the pimax Xr i am gonne send back my 5kplus for a replacement(the case is broken).

But now after a very long wait i got the pimax xr,
But again a big disapointment,the cable is broken…

i am gonne ask again for a new cable.
But after that i am gonne sell the pimax xr and keep my broken 5kplus…

Why? There were to many disapointments and way too long waits…

The pimax 5kplus is taped together and i have the black dots,but i dont dare to send it and then wait again on a replacement with maybe again some troubles…

I wait now on a replacement cable,and then the story ends here…
its a real shame…

1 Like

i hope valve comes quik with the new headset…

Did you have issues with the cable on the 5K+ (ie sparkling white spots, etc)? If not, then you could just take the good cable off the 5K+ and swap it with the bad cable on the 5K-XR.

EDIT: I saw your previous post where you said the 5K+ cable was good and fixed your issue.

Why not just keep the 5K-XR and the good cable from the 5K+? Then return the 5K+ and the bad cable. If you do that, then you should have a fully functional headset while you wait for your replacement 5K+/cable.

2 Likes

Hello there,and then we go on the same road again…

Waiting waiting hoping for replies,and hoping that not the new unit is even worse…
My patience had realy ended,there went so much wrong with the communication and promises.

How the hell can after all what went wrong now again an new device (cable) is not working.
Talking about quality control??
Also why is on some pimax oled devices a BE logo,and mine is blanco?
And the blacks are not that black…

I wished everything went better but it didnt,so for me pimax is a big let down…

1 Like

The older 5K-OLED were marketed as 5K-BE (Business Edition) and were initially meant to be sold to businesses. Since they changed to focus on regular consumers they decided to rename it to the 5K-XR and subsequently removed the BE logo.

I am not sure what is going on there. According to SweViver they changed the minimum pixel brightness. They were having ghosting/black smear issues (caused by pixels not turning off/on fast enough) so they changed it so the pixels never actually turn off all the way (this is a commonly used solution that is also used by the Oculus Rift). This results in the image not getting as dark as it previously would but IIRC should still be darker than LCD.

Perhaps you could downgrade to an older PiTool version to see if the darks are any better. You could also upgrade to the PiTool 121 Beta version and see if the new contrast/brightness/etc settings make it any better.

2 Likes

I am on the latest pitool,i tested the blue vr (that with that fish) and that dark scene…

But its more dark grey then black…
My old oculus rift was far blacker …

I don’t have the XR version to compare to my Rift. Perhaps @SweViver or someone else with the BE/XR and the Rift could compare.

2 Likes

I feel your pain with trying to get support. Im curious, did you communicate with Pimax via email or through your Supen ticket? The reason I ask is that initially Pimax was communicating with me through email so I would respond with an email, then I find out they wanted me to respond in the Supen ticket. I found this out after MANY email being either ignored or just random ignorant responses from them. Anyhow once I started to communicate within the Supen ticket things went a “little” smoother.

2 Likes

I have edited your topic title as it is messing up the mobile theme of the forum.

Eno