How to replace an Index Controller battery when both Pimax and Valve refuse to help you and tell you to buy a new controller instead

The battery that won’t need soldering is ready and is accessible on Aliexpress for purchase. Surely, it won’t give old dead controller as much playtime as the original did, but it’s something when everyone else failed to help you.

3 Likes

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I have spare batteries in my first set of ICs which had stick failure. Have only 4 months on them. :smiley:

1 Like

Could you share an Aliexpress part no or something else to find it on Aliexpress? I googled it, but failed. Maybe already removed…

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, :+1: but it doesn´t work from Europe, at least not for me, regardless which browser I use.
Error always “Page Not Found”, I tested the ID (part no 3256804437097656) separately, no luck.
Maybe geo-location issue with Aliexpress. I faced this before with other items. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Seller did say it won’t work for Germany because german border control won’t let just batteries in.

1 Like

Ah. it´s about the European Safety rules regarding LiIon batteries of all kind. It´s not only german customs. I would pay for the extra packaging and delivery though.
Just ordered 18650 LiPo batteries, I receive them via German Post. Works fine.
It´s a logistics problem, not a customs problem. Excuses…
But thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

Maybe you can try to contact the seller (access their page through a vpn) and ask them to send it under your responsibility, like if it reaches customs - they’re clear and it’s on you after. He’s a nice guy as it seems, might assist if you explain the situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.