How to Power Off Basestations remotely [SOLVED]

So I take it buying some remote plugs is still the only options to turning the lighthouses off remotely for most people then?

No there is also an ap that a few users have been a part of if you have a Bluetooth with BLE.

The sensboston/BLEConsole listed above?

1 Like

Not sure if that is part of that or not. But looks good.

It is in the

https://community.openmr.ai/t/table-of-contents-wiki/10851

Here is the direct link

https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-power-off-basestations-remotely-solved/15205

Yours looks like maybe a third option for batch or script use. Awesome find!

:beers::sunglasses::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

Just noticed were in this topic already :laughing:

1 Like

The solution with BLEConsole @karajzk proposed is actually a pretty good one, if you are not afraid of command line tools and scripts. It does what it should in a transparent way and is very easy to understand or debug if there are problems.

1 Like

Ta. Post below that shows someone even made an android app as well.
Might try that first.

Android one seems the best to use seeing as it doesnt involve running any scripts, just search once on the app then press a button.
And no need for a bluetooth dongle ad your smartphone will have it.
Though not sure the difference between Sleep and Standby.
Think Standby keeps the motors running.

5 Likes

Awesome. @TheHolyOne can you update your op post to include the 2 new methodes?

Thank you, I’ve been looking for this!

2 Likes

It always amazes me that some will go to extraordinary lengths to save a couple of feet of walking. I play mostly standing so I am on my feet at the end of a play session anyway. At that point I am going to power down my Pimax and ICs by pushing buttons and usually hook up the ICs to charge, so walking over to 2 bases and throwing a couple of switches doesn’t seem like much work, especially after the workout many of my games just gave me and at least one BS switch is next to where are plug in my ICs anyway.
Not saying these efforts to automate aren’t interesting. Just seems a little “couch potato” and half my gaming being for exercise, a little counter-productive :grinning:
Not really worth any more effort or more expense than the 2 on/off switches I added to the BSs. For my part anyway.

4 Likes

I was killing base stations, 3 in less than 2 months, 2 more in the previous year. I suspect from unplugging them to power down.

I now put them to sleep using the phone app.

1 Like

That would seem the most likely way to induce some type of short if the 3 terminals don’t all make contact simultaneously, during the plugging and unplugging.

Just 2 terminals here in the US. Putting them to sleep with the app seems to be working, so far so good.

1 Like

By terminals, i mean positive, negative and ground. Anyone just plugging and unplugging bases to a live socket risks a spark that could surge if, for example, the ground contact is made slightly late or bypassed . It’s not likely but can happen if doing this every time one plays.

Just to add to this topic a reddit Steamvr post on controlling lighthouses

1 Like

I’m trying to add the BS on W10 but can’t seem to find them.

Is there any trick ? It says that found BS1 and BS2 but then says that couldn’t find anything :thinking:

Mine is showing this in the status windows:

Add images

Just an update, since using the app to power them down, rather then cutting the power or unplugging them, I’ve yet to have a problem for a whole year. I killed 5 base stations in the previous year by powering them down. Putting them to sleep has definitely solved my problem, thanks.

3 Likes

Is that the Android App?
Or one of the other methods?

1 Like

Android App

Works great

1 Like

Looks like Lighthouse PM has quit working after the Dec 9 update. Anyone got another solution? I tried PimaxBS but even though my computer sees the LH via bluetooth, it just will not connect.

1 Like

you can have a look at BSManager from mann1x:

and search for BaseStation Manager in microsofts store, there’s an app available too which is capable of changing channels too.

1 Like